• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best GA Purchase for 2006

236 posts in this topic

Whiz #25

whiz25.jpg

hello all... hail.gif

that is one of my "grails" for 2007...great book, let me know when you are ready to sell it smile.gif

rick

Hi Rick,

Maybe we can work out a trade... I think you may have a book or two I MIGHT be willing to trade for grin.gif

Actually this book is overpriced in the guide. I paid $810 for this one before the juice, even with the buyer fees, it was less than the 4.0 guide price.

Greg

hello all...

hope you all don't mind me copying G's Whiz 25 again...for 2007, my goal is Whiz 1-25, with the 1 and 25 as my "new" grails...simply a lovely book!

rick

ps-why is it a 5.0? looks SO much nicer

Other than my high grade Spirit addiction this is the only non Spirit book I picked up for '06

(Goldenage Slabs are hard to scan)

fantastic3-1-1.jpg

Other than my high grade Spirit addiction this is the only non Spirit book I picked up for '06

(Goldenage Slabs are hard to scan)

fantastic3-1-1.jpg

hello all...

wow, Win's WonderMan 1, and your Fantastic 3 are simply fantastic hail.gif...I have GOT To get me one of each of those....you fellows keep me on your "short" list when/if you decide to remove respective selves from those copies

rick

... mostly low- or mid-grade, but a few gems.

1548243-group2.jpg

makepoint.gif That belongs in the GA Group Shot thread -- you're only supposed to pick one here!

I see all those great LB Cole covers. Mid grade, schmid grade, those rock! headbang.gif

I guess this counts since it's all one purchase. 750 original owner books from the 40s and 50s I picked up last Monday...

1548242-group1.jpg

Congrats on what looks like a great little pick-up. thumbsup2.gif

Were they well-read copies like most GA collections or were they kept minty fresh like the Church copies? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Did the owner know that they were worth something or was he offering you money to dispose of them for him? 27_laughing.gif

I certainly wouldn't mind picking up a collection like that! cloud9.gif

I guess this counts since it's all one purchase. 750 original owner books from the 40s and 50s I picked up last Monday...

1548242-group1.jpg

I see the roll of wrapping paper in the upper left corner of the pic. Just wrap up a box or two and I'll fly out to pick them up! stooges.gif

1548242-group1.jpg

Congrats on what looks like a great little pick-up. thumbsup2.gif

Were they well-read copies like most GA collections or were they kept minty fresh like the Church copies? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Did the owner know that they were worth something or was he offering you money to dispose of them for him? 27_laughing.gif

I certainly wouldn't mind picking up a collection like that! cloud9.gif

It's a mixed bag--some were well-read, some not so much. As a general rule, the superhero books seem a little rougher, the Disney's, especially the ducks, a little nicer. Nice paper on most, staple rust on some.

These are from the same collection as the two issues of Mask Comics that were just sold on ebay. I saw that the guy selling them was local, so I contacted him and asked him if he had any other books. He said he had nine boxes (turned out to be ten), so I went to check them out. He had CGC'd and sold a few books, so he had a sense of their value. I didn't pull a Chuck, I was straightforward about what I thought the value was, and what I was willing to offer for them. I had offered to buy some specific books (the Ducks and some of the horror books), but he didn't want to sell any more piecemeal, so...

1548242-group1.jpg

I see the roll of wrapping paper in the upper left corner of the pic. Just wrap up a box or two and I'll fly out to pick them up! stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif

I'll trade you for any ten short boxes from your collection. hail.gif