• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RATE WHAT YOU READ

136 posts in this topic

This week it is two Marvel books for me. First up is Astonishing X-Men, Wirter Joss Whedon, Artist John Cassaday.

Without going into spoilers # 19 bringing us close to the end of this run for the current writer and artist. As always

Cassaday's art rocks, I still think he is drawing the best X-Men book out there today, and give this issue three

thumbsup2.gif.. thumbsup2.gif.. thumbsup2.gif..out of four. As for the writting this one seemed to lag just a little,IMHO

as it builds-up to the finally so, two thumbsup2.gif.. thumbsup2.gif..out of four.

Overall 3 thumbsup2.gif.. thumbsup2.gif.. thumbsup2.gif

Next up is The Immortal Iron Fist # 2. Ed Brubaker & Matt Fraction Writters, with David Aja, Travel Foreman,

Derek Fridoles, and John Severin doing the art for this issue. Special note for Colorist to both Matt Hollingsworth

and Dean White for setting a very moody and unsettling landscape. This book IMHO is long over due, and is

now one of my must read gossip.gifif you missed it pick it up now .

So story and art four thumbsup2.gif.. thumbsup2.gif.. thumbsup2.gif.. thumbsup2.gif out of four. Two issues in and I

can't wait to see where this goes next. Thats it for me whos next.....

I was disappointed that Tex already left Ghost Rider. To me, he's always been the defining Ghost Rider artist (okay, maybe behind Papa Ploog). Can't complain too much with Corben doing the art chores now.

Doctor Strange & Vaughan - you had me at hello.

Pat

Hulk

Hex

Iron Fist

Justice League

Fell

The Boys

These are my favs currently

** I do like the new Ghost Rider, but I miss Tex. I do not like Corben's art for ghost rider. I am also eagerly waiting for Wolverine 50

I enjoy Hex much more than Loveless. My problem with Loveless? The character's, sometimes, are hard to discern between one-another. Each month, I have to go back to previous issues to figure out what's going on. Take issue #12. The end should have been a shocker. I almost wish there was a whos-who in each issue (like Walking Dead). Honestly, Azzarello just doesn't do as much for me.

Thumbs up to Iron Fist. Best the character has been in a LONG time.

Justice League - still not sure why this needed to be a new series. The first storyarc hasn't impressed me enough to be deserving of a new title. We all know it's sales related. But frankly, that's just lame.

Another big thumbs up - Fell. When will we see another issue!

The Boys just cracks me up. Especially how super-heroines get inducted into the "JLA". How many licks to the center of a tootsie-pop? One, two, THREE!!

Pat

If you are looking for a good "one-shot" Marvel book. Try Winter Soldier

By Brubaker and Weeks....it is a quality story with an old-time feel to it.

I wasn't a fan of the "bring back bucky" idea, but his story has been

one of the more interesting ones from Marvel. He's kind of a cross between Captain America and the Punisher. Heck this book even made the Young Avengers seem halfway interesting. Okay, maybe only a 1/4 interesting.

52 keeps on rocking....I look forward to the Black Marvel family each week..can't wait to see where this storyline ends.

Heroes for Hire keeps showcasing those Tucci Bad Girl Covers. This book might have "legs" after all....plus some other savory parts for the fanboys. The thing I look most forward to in this book...is to see how big and wild Misty's fro will look. That girl is still living in the 70s.

I might be the last guy to read these, but

I just finished the first 3 Conan trades Art: thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif(only 3 because the art seems blurry at times) Story: thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif Just a great bunch of stories.

The Goon 1-5 Trades Art thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif Story: thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif All around excellence.

Astonishing X-Men #19:

Pretty much agree with you on the art Brain, but I think the writing was a little blase. I'd give it 2 thumbsup2.gif out of 4. We'll see how the payoff issue turns out.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....Indeed, hope the story will be better after this issue..... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Heroes Re-Reborn is STUPID

gossip.gifIt was ONE and DONE for me!!!!

Yeah, I kinda wanted to like it--even to the point I almost picked up issue 2 today--but I decided it wasn't worth it.

893whatthe.gif..... You are starting to scare me now, as that is my own thought on the book!?!?

sign-offtopic.gif........What part of CA do you live in????? confused-smiley-013.gif

Heroes Re-Reborn is STUPID

gossip.gifIt was ONE and DONE for me!!!!

Yeah, I kinda wanted to like it--even to the point I almost picked up issue 2 today--but I decided it wasn't worth it.

893whatthe.gif..... You are starting to scare me now, as that is my own thought on the book!?!?

sign-offtopic.gif........What part of CA do you live in????? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm in the San Diego area. cool.gif Makes gettin' to the con each year fairly easy. thumbsup2.gif

So I read the first issue of Immortal Iron Fist, and was not that impressed. I know many on here love it. I have to wonder, is it because you are comparing it to previous incarnations that really sucked? confused-smiley-013.gif

So I read the first issue of Immortal Iron Fist, and was not that impressed. I know many on here love it. I have to wonder, is it because you are comparing it to previous incarnations that really sucked? confused-smiley-013.gif

NO!!! As I wrote in my first post I really like the art and the story has a lot going on to hold my interest.

Beyond that I have always thought that Iron Fist had more to him/them(read the current story to see what this

means), than we had seen IMHO.