• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

J - we've got to find a way to get you on the net during the day... maybe I can make some calls to that place you interviewed at... swing my big stick...

anything could help. i'm kind of not feeling good about it, they've not contacted to verify my employment or contacted my references.

I don't know about PA, but here in Texas they almost never contact your references. It's more just to prove you can provide them. I don't know if it's state law or federal law, but here in TX, if you are called all you can say or do is verify that the person worked there for the time periods specified. Can't say if they were good, bad, or anything else.

I'm super jealous of you J, going to Baltimore. They stopped my local con (WWTX) and its difficult for me to get away to the east coast or west coast for one of the major cons...

just remember, while your having a blast hanging with all of the artist, digging through back issues, meeting folks from the boards, giving JJ a hard time for me... I'll be here... at home... all by myself... holding down the boards... all by myself... waiting to live vicariously through your con report... all by myself.... not getting to enjoy a comic book convention this year...

....all by myself

youre_invited_to_my_pity_party_tshirt-p2351658436934031933lnf_400.jpg

Called the doc's today, they reckon they should have my blood test results tomorrow, I've got a good feeling they're gonna come up clean :wishluck:

are we second to know??? :wishluck:

Called the doc's today, they reckon they should have my blood test results tomorrow, I've got a good feeling they're gonna come up clean :wishluck:

You'll know before the wife :grin:

Duder, Gav... I can tell you why you are exhausted and worn out and sick...

isn't it like 4 in the morning local for you?

I just checked your posts... you had like a 5 1/2 hour break for sleep... that doesn't include time to get up from the computer, get ready for bed, spend "special time" with the wife, fall asleep, wake up to pee, fall back asleep, wake up, and walk back to the computer...

you don't have rickets... you have exhaustion. As a friend... I tell you... take the message board needle out of the vein. I know I'm not a good example, but I'm trying to take myself away from the computer lately too.

- Shortstack, worrying about Boozad

I just checked your posts... you had like a 5 1/2 hour break for sleep... that doesn't include time to get up from the computer, get ready for bed, spend "special time" with the wife, fall asleep, wake up to pee, fall back asleep, wake up, and walk back to the computer...

you don't have rickets... you have exhaustion. As a friend... I tell you... take the message board needle out of the vein. I know I'm not a good example, but I'm trying to take myself away from the computer lately too.

hm Good points and recommendations (thumbs u

I get where you're coming from Jason. I haven't been on the boards anywhere near as much though the last couple of weeks. I'm up that late as my oldest daughter has started to go to bed sans diaper the last few weeks, (she's been out of them in the daytime for quite a while), so we have to stay up to put her on the toilet before we go to bed.

Then I have to be up early to get to work. But you're right, a lot of is down to exhaustion and stress. What with my mom in hospital, my dad still out of work, our place where we live being way too small and money being tight all round at the moment it's all adding up.

Something will give pretty soon dude. They say things get worse before they get better, and they couldn't get any worse at the moment so it's all gotta be looking up from this point on! (thumbs u