• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay Fee Increase

65 posts in this topic

Dear goldenageauctions,

An important part of any business strategy is the regular evaluation of pricing structure. From time to time, we make pricing changes to correct unhealthy dynamics in the eBay marketplace, as was the case last July. Typically, however, we make changes on an annual basis at the beginning of the year.

Today, I'm here to tell you about fee adjustments for eBay.com and eBay Motors which go into effect on January 30, 2007.

Let me say that, while we believe these changes are modest, we consider any changes that may impact our sellers with great care. These adjustments are the result of careful analysis and we believe they're the right thing to do to keep the marketplace strong for our eBay.com and eBay Motors sellers.

Core Listing Fees: Auction-Style & Fixed Price*

Fee Type

Starting Price:

Starting Price $1.00 - $9.99

Old Fee $.35

New Fee $.40

Final Value Fee

Selling Price:

$25.01 - $1000.00

Current Fee 3%

New Fee 3.25%

These adjustments are the result of careful analysis and we believe they're the right thing to do to keep the marketplace strong for our eBay.com and eBay Motors sellers.

[/b]

How does this keep the marketplace strong for sellers when they are taking more money from our pockets.

Am I that dumb that I don`t understand. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

If anything lower your fees then you will get more listings.

John

IMO they are pricing themselves out of business. A ton of people have closed their ebay stores due to the fee structure and with the new fees no one will be able to sell $1 comics except the guys who charge crazy shipping prices.

I guess they are making enough off the new fees that it don't hurt them to lose a few items/customers. Probably save money on cheaper search engines haha.

"An important part of any business strategy is the regular evaluation of pricing structure."

This should say:

"An important part of my yearly CEO bonus is the regular evaluation of pricing structure."

Except for the last 5cent and 15cent eBay Day...I haven't taken eBay serious from a selling perspective for about two years. I'd rather skip the deadwood buyers and scam artists there and go straight to the consignment shops.