• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Books Does the Guide Just Not Catch Up To?

68 posts in this topic

Well, as I've been reading threads, I've seen people saying "yeah, the guide hasn't caught up to that" and other similar comments. I have to admit, as I'm pretty new to GA books, I thought that talk was crazy. How can the guide be wrong?

Then, I bought a copy of Amazing Adult Fantasy. Now, this was an SA book. And I willingly "overpaid" for the book. Why? Well, those books are hard to come by, it turns out. Even the EBay sales of them seem to go well above guide, which anyone who uses EBay knows doesn't happen.

So it got me to wondering, what titles (not specific issues but titles in general) has the guide not really caught up to? I assume if I've observed that with a SA book, it must be even moreso with GA books.

Phantom Lady's too.

yup, dealers that have them available have them priced at 1.5-1.8 X guide. Even in lower grades(3.5-6.0) they are normally 1.2-1.4 X guide (except 17 which is 2x guide in any grade) this is of cause based on the only 2 dealers i know who have them for sale at the moment. luckily they do appear once in a while in consignments and auctions.

Was quite happy when i snatched this up at exactly guide cloud9.gif hope to get it in the mail soon 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

RAD982F3200681_114952.jpg

Dont forget this book, auctioned by our own Showcase-4

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reform-School-Girl-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

oh wow, I was keeping an eye on how high it'd go and stopped looking at that 5100 standstill. Nice one showcase smile.gif

thanks! Here's how sweet it was...this is info on my purchase of the book "raw" in 2005

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=8255&si=123