• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventure Con Lineup

20 posts in this topic

woot woot!

I just felt a disturbance in my wallet...sigh

gossip.gif That was just some gas from all those late night burritos

Tacquitos, my new favorite late night snack...although I keep having dreams about being in Pirates basement and he tells me to 'put the lotion in the basket...'

not sure what that means 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

woot woot!

I just felt a disturbance in my wallet...sigh

gossip.gif That was just some gas from all those late night burritos

Tacquitos, my new favorite late night snack...although I keep having dreams about being in Pirates basement and he tells me to 'put the lotion in the basket...'

not sure what that means 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

must be silvers house, i don't have a basement sumo.gif

It is more of a toy/celebrity auto show but there are quite a few comic dealers since they expanded. Not sure what this year will be like since they sold out to las vegas autographs.

It is more of a toy/celebrity auto show but there are quite a few comic dealers since they expanded. Not sure what this year will be like since they sold out to las vegas autographs.

and the booth prices have doubled -- and individual tables purchased there is some wording in the contract as your merchandise has to be on the table only - no displays or racks-- confused-smiley-013.gif -- BigMike

and the booth prices have doubled -- and individual tables purchased there is some wording in the contract as your merchandise has to be on the table only - no displays or racks-- confused-smiley-013.gif -- BigMike

foreheadslap.gif

Exhibitors are comic companies, people selling a specific item such as Toon Tumblers, more along the lines of people there to get the word out about their product. Dealer booths are for comic dealers that offer comic books, such as raw, tpbs, statues etc.

Are you still going to set up there Mike???

I've usually enjoyed the show as it's the closest one for me, but the sell-out and price increase sounds ominous. However, the increase also appears to be helping them bring in more stars and big name comic artists too.

I'm thinking that the price increase won't affect the big dealers, but it may keep a few small time dealer/collectors away.

Are you still going to set up there Mike???

I've usually enjoyed the show as it's the closest one for me, but the sell-out and price increase sounds ominous. However, the increase also appears to be helping them bring in more stars and big name comic artists too.

I'm thinking that the price increase won't affect the big dealers, but it may keep a few small time dealer/collectors away.

In my case .. me thinks I would be better served to take the expense $$ of setting up in Knoxville this year and put it toward attending Chicago in August .. i`ll still go to the show but with the profit margin I had at last years the new price increase makes it to much of a gamble .. at least in my case