• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Power Comics #4......L.B. Cole

16 posts in this topic

Except for the bottom creases it's a real nice book.

For me a semi-detached CF is not really a big deal, and even with tanning on the inside covers, I would call it an easy 4.0.

personally I"ve always felt that even a totally loose CF isn't

an automatic disqualifier for VG or better. I can understand it being a problem on a high grade book, but there are plenty of defects "allowed" in 4.0- 6.0 books that bother me more than a loose centerfold.

This is a toughie. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm going to say 4.5, as even with the minor CF issue I think the book just looks too nice to go any lower. Sharp edges all around, and a spine belonging to a mid-grade book. There are multiple large creases which will hurt the grade no matter what, but it looks like they don't break color. I think 3.5 and even 4.0 is just too harsh for a book with this level of preservation and eye appeal.

I'll go on record as a very pretty 4.5 and very possibly a CGC 5.0, but the detached staple makes me think 4.5 is more accurate.

remember a sub copy can be upward of VG/FN to FN- if it's slight. The two bottom creases are equivalent to a sub crease IMO. The back cover doesn't have so much eye appeal going for it with the spotting along the spine and minor warbling, but it doesn't have the creases.

Do you guys have any VG and Vg minus books for sale? takeit.gif

Okay, okay, but I did say it was easy 4.0.

At least I put forth a grade, unlike a certain chin stroker poke2.gif

After further review, I'll admit that those unfortunate corner creases grabbed my eye, and influenced me downwards, they may be non-color breaking, but they do pop out on the scan. - I'll second Comicdey's assessment of a 4.5 with potential for 5.0 depending on how it looks in hand.