• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you didn't collect comics,what would you collect?

49 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what would i collect if i didn't collect comics,Well I used to collect baseball cards,but now that i'm into comics and for some reason I didn't collect them serouisly,I would most likely collect Original Art. How about you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Kevin

Original Art...

After viewing Heritage's catalog...it convinced me into doing just that when I actually graduate from college and hopefully land a real job.

I was just wondering what would i collect if i didn't collect comics,Well I used to collect baseball cards,but now that i'm into comics and for some reason I didn't collect them serouisly,I would most likely collect Original Art. How about you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Kevin

Right now I am working on the original art and the comic books, but I say "I collect all things collectible".

I would really like to get into some first printings of books. To have a very first print hardcover of the Godfather would be awesome!! I would also like to collect any and all Godfather (I and II) and Goodfellas paraphanelia.

Another thing I do that is really quirky is that I save all my coins. One day maybe even common change will be worth something. Even if it's not, it's always kind of fun for me to spend an hour or two seeing if I can have one penny/nickel/dime/quarter from 19??-?? . . .

I used to collect Baseball cards, but now Baseball kinda sucks. All professional sports are just so motivated by greed that it is unreal. College sports are the way to go - less talented players make for more exciting games with breakaways, etc. and I just can't get excited about seeing some guys stats anymore. Maybe because I deal with stats and numbers all day at work . . . who knows?

DAM

I would really like to get into some first printings of books. To have a very first print hardcover of the Godfather would be awesome!! I would also like to collect any and all Godfather (I and II) and Goodfellas paraphanelia.

DAM

Now thats the most brilliant idea ive ever heard!!! cool.gif

DAM

Now thats the most brilliant idea ive ever heard!!! cool.gif

smirk.gif

The godfather 1 and 2... they've been on the HBOs this month and I think I've seen them about 20 times now... I can't get enough... Must have watched goodfellas (or a portion thereof) almost everyday in college... completely second DAM's idea. DAM... the question is which is the better movie: g1, g2 or goodfellas?

If I didn't collect comics... I'd probably collect original art, but actually, I'd probably not collect anything... read more, own a few more video games, probably own some other luxury items I don't get cause I spend all my disposable income on either going out (eating, drinking etc) or comics...

Well I used to be a records and cd collector (heck even 8-tracks), I had an incredible collection that still puts my comic collection to shame...

Lots and lots of first-print vinyl, record store promo's,Japanese pressings etc...

About three years ago a fire destroyed most of the apartment where my wife and I lived and we only got a small portion back from the insurance company, I lost more than 7000 record albums and CDs and my wife lost a lot of family heirlooms.

Picking up the pieces wiped us out financially and emotionally, but we carried on (my wife was pregnant at the time of the fire, luckily nobody was home when it occurred). but my prized music collection was destroyed, never to be replaced. So in this hour of darkness, I turned to my childhood love; comics...

I have about 1500 CDs and records left and have hardly bought any the last two years...

I've been selling off collections all year. Besides selling off comics, I've sold off a lot of my original comic art, several dozen signed first edition books, trading cards, TV memorabilia, movie/TV/music celebrity photographs, and other assorted items. At this point, I'm not collecting anything.

The downside to all this selling is that it hurts like the dickens to lose things you love. The upside is that I've been able to live off my collections for over a year, and made a profit on the bulk of it.

For those looking for 1st editions of The Godfather, check ebay. They come up fairly often, and aren't outrageously expensive. If you want it signed, that's another thing. There's a signed copy on Amazon that's over $1,700.

-- Joanna