• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Comic In Antarctica

37 posts in this topic

On Feb 15 I'll be making a trip to Antarctica (yes you read right). And I was wondering if I should bring some comic reading material, as this trip is going to take awhile. Approximately 2 weeks travel time. I first fly to Florida and then an International flight to Brazil. Once in Brazil I take a Russion Icebreaker/cruise liner to Antarctica. (this is for a marathon I am running there btw)

Which comic should I bring with me? I was reading a post a few months back of another boardie who took pics of his favorite slabbed comic (a Ka-Zar?) on his traveling adventures. And this gave me the idea that I should bring one of my books to the South pole.

Has a comic ever been there? When/If I bring one I'll take pics of it of course on it's traveling history, I think this would be a neat idea.

On Feb 15 I'll be making a trip to Antarctica (yes you read right). And I was wondering if I should bring some comic reading material, as this trip is going to take awhile.

200px-JusticeLeagueAmericaAnnual1990.jpg

That might be just perfect! I think I may have a copy of that come to think of it.

Besides comics I'll probably bring one of my favorites: The Fountain Head or Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Never get tired of those masterpieces.

Enjoy the warm weather

actually Feb/March is Antarctica's summer. It'll probably be around 30 degrees. After reading posts in the watercooler, what I should be worried about is the "Global Warming" effect. Hopefully it's not too warm and the continent melts away leaving me drowning like Leonardo DiCrapio in the Titanic......

Oh yea is it a Dog Sled marathon?

Nope, it's a 26.2 mile running marathon. The trail is actually a 13 mile loop on an "island" right off the coast of the mainland of Antarctica. The Russian Icebreaker gets within about a mile of this island and all the runners take a zodiac to a Russian research outpost. We will spend a couple of days camping and kyaking (sp?). Then the race begins.

Super cool trip 'trooper! My girlfriend wants to run this marathon someday. How many years ago did you book this? I know the waiting list is a few years long at least. I dont run myself, but because she does, I end up driving/flying to lots of marathons to watch her finish. Post pics when you get back and good luck! thumbsup2.gif

Good luck trooper!!! Yeah bring along alot of trades if the power goes out they will burn longer then a regular book!

What is the temp in Antartica this time of year? And for whatever you do,,,,don't tip over in that kyak!

Super cool trip 'trooper! My girlfriend wants to run this marathon someday. How many years ago did you book this? I know the waiting list is a few years long at least. I dont run myself, but because she does, I end up driving/flying to lots of marathons to watch her finish. Post pics when you get back and good luck! thumbsup2.gif

I actually booked and paid for this trip about a year and a half ago. Very very expensive, so I would start saving now. But expect many pics to be posted once I get back.

Good luck trooper!!! Yeah bring along alot of trades if the power goes out they will burn longer then a regular book!

What is the temp in Antartica this time of year? And for whatever you do,,,,don't tip over in that kyak!

TPB's seem like the way to go, perhaps I'll take a Watchmen and V for Vendetta along with me. And for fun I'll take that JL Antarctica and perhaps that Alpha Flight.

TPB's seem like the way to go, perhaps I'll take a Watchmen and V for Vendetta along with me. And for fun I'll take that JL Antarctica and perhaps that Alpha Flight.

More possibilities if you're looking for Antarctica-related comic books.

1568975-whout-v1.jpg1568975-whout-v2.jpg

Both available as TPB.

I enjoyed the first, haven't read the sequel.

(Sorry for the tiny scans. First ones I could find.)

Jack

You should definitely take those two books and maybe the Whiteouts too and get a picture. Then come back and advertise them as the "Antarctica Pedigree" I wish I had those books already slabbed 9.8 to send with you as a lark.