• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Dinner at Phoenix Cactus Comicon: Who's Interested?

36 posts in this topic

Since the Phoenix Comicon thread mentioned a Saturday Night forum dinner, let's formalize this thing. There are still a few more decisions to be made:

1. Time

2. Location

3. Cost

4. Who's coming

1-So in the interest of trying to get the party started, I'll suggest we go with an 8:00 start time.

2-I'm open to suggestions, but if we have more than 10 people it would be nice to have a place where we could have a private room. Yest, that's a little more expensive but typically is easier to manage a group when you have a dedicated server rather than try to have a huge table with a bunch of people out on the main restaurant floor. Mesa looks pretty limited (that's where the convention is being held) but there look like a few decent options. However, we can certainly look outside Mesa for something else, like a good steakhouse.... But feel free to voice your preferences.

CAN ANY LOCALS PROVIDE INPUT ON GOOD AREA RESTAURANTS?

3 - If we get private room we probably have to pay by the head. However, if there's a small group we can probably hit a local sports pub or BBQ place which would be more budget conscious. Preferences?

4 - Add a post here if you're in and we'll update the list periodically. Right now it looks like it's as follows based on the original Phoenix thread:

Rhino

LordThanos1969

Apotheosis

Grifter

CGC Crew: Plitch, Harshen, and Bill

Please confirm if you're on the list -- and if you want to be added speak up! Post or PM me!

Thanks

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Here's a link to steakhouses around the convention center.

*Hope the link works*

Mesa Steakhouses

Anyone know anything about the first one? It seems like the closest to the Convention Center.

Close is always good, so if people want to hang out and have a drink or two they don't have to worry about driving back to the hotel! grin.gif

The Lonestar (2nd on the list) is a chain, looks pretty good and reasonably priced. confused-smiley-013.gif

Here's a link to steakhouses around the convention center.

*Hope the link works*

Mesa Steakhouses

Anyone know anything about the first one? It seems like the closest to the Convention Center.

Close is always good, so if people want to hang out and have a drink or two they don't have to worry about driving back to the hotel! grin.gif

The Lonestar (2nd on the list) is a chain, looks pretty good and reasonably priced. confused-smiley-013.gif

There are Lonestars in my area and it is a good place to eat.

Paul, it might end up being just us. 27_laughing.gif I haven't gotten any confirmations thus far.

I suppose we can just plan to see who's interested when the time comes and just go get a table. Doesn't look like enough people to warrant a private room.

Steve

Ok, here's an update thus far:

1. Time: 8:00

2. Location:

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon

918 W Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ

(480) 898-7507

3. Cost: We'll just order from the menu -- not enough people for a private room

4. Who's coming:

Rhino

LordThanos1969

Apotheosis

Grifter

The CGC Crew: Plitch, Harshen, and Bill

Right now we can either meet at the show and carpool over (it's not THAT far, but it'll keep the group together) or we can just all met up there at 8:00. I'm flexible, and I will have a car.

If you want to be added speak up! Post or PM me!

Thanks

thumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif