• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guys post your action 1

87 posts in this topic

guys could you maybe post your action comics 1 , and any you know of. lets see how many copies we can comeup with including slabbed and raw.

ashcan/comics

You're not going to find many people willing to post theirs on here, in fact, not really many that actually have one. With that note though, here's mine.

dogactiontd1.jpg

guys could you maybe post your action comics 1 , and any you know of. lets see how many copies we can comeup with including slabbed and raw.

ashcan/comics

You're not going to find many people willing to post theirs on here, in fact, not really many that actually have one. With that note though, here's mine.

dogactiontd1.jpg

that's still good for 0.1 grade. stooges.gif

ashcan/comics

One of my favorite WTF comics.

Action1goodplusCGC.jpg

I suppose it would not seem so insane that book was graded good plus if the same standards were applied to other books. But as you know, they're not. I don't suppose a comic book is capable of doing sexual favors to get special treatement, but if that were the case then you know this book did something very special.

Can't help comparing it with this book, which was in a slab graded "apparent poor" (thank God they were there to warn you so you wouldn't think it was a genuine poor) If you went solely by the labels you'd think this book would be worth about five to maybe ten percent as much as the book shown above. So if this book is worth 25-30K that would mean the 2.5 is worth a cool quarter mil.

Action1ratedapparentpoorbyCGCscan2.jpg

Obviously, for condition freaks neither of those books is worth a hair on the buttock of a minty fresh Bluebonnet Funnies #17.

So if you want an Action 1 that is TRULY collectible, you have to go with this one.

Action1reprintsignedSiegel.jpg

Wait..../ wait... Wait a SPOON minute. Somebody WROTE on it. ARGGGGH! Throw it in the trash. Bring me a virgin Tip-Top!

Wait..../ wait... Wait a SPOON minute. Somebody WROTE on it. ARGGGGH! Throw it in the trash. Bring me a virgin Tip-Top!

Hey! Some of us collect Tip Top, you know. sumo.gif

(Well, the Tarzan covers anyway)

Sorry... Should've used a fake reference. But somehow Tip-Top sounded funny coming right after the world virgin.

Anyway, here's a few more scans I have in reference files.

Action1vgish.jpg

Action1gvgcgc.jpg

Action1B.jpg

Action1soldebay47Krestored.jpg

Sorry... Should've used a fake reference. But somehow Tip-Top sounded funny coming right after the world virgin

blush.gif

BTW, here's a new Action #1 just listed on eBay:

Straight from Grandpa's Attic!

*sigh* Do these guys even try anymore? Low feedback... Grandfather's attic... Looks old... BC from an obviously different slabbed copy... and (wait for it...) his username is "Paid4smoke." 27_laughing.gif

ashcan/comics

Action1goodplusCGC.jpg

I suppose it would not seem so insane that book was graded good plus if the same standards were applied to other books. But as you know, they're not. I don't suppose a comic book is capable of doing sexual favors to get special treatement, but if that were the case then you know this book did something very special.

Can't help comparing it with this book, which was in a slab graded "apparent poor" (thank God they were there to warn you so you wouldn't think it was a genuine poor) If you went solely by the labels you'd think this book would be worth about five to maybe ten percent as much as the book shown above. So if this book is worth 25-30K that would mean the 2.5 is worth a cool quarter mil.

Obviously, for condition freaks neither of those books is worth a hair on the buttock of a minty fresh Bluebonnet Funnies #17.

I thinks I'd take the poor restored. It looks much nicer.

Sorry... Should've used a fake reference. But somehow Tip-Top sounded funny coming right after the world virgin

blush.gif

*sigh* Do these guys even try anymore? Low feedback... Grandfather's attic... Looks old... BC from an obviously different slabbed copy... and (wait for it...) his username is "Paid4smoke." 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

ashcan/comics

Action1goodplusCGC.jpg

I thinks I'd take the poor restored. It looks much nicer.

I would agree the "apparent poor":is more desirable. In the lower grades for super keys you just can't rely solely on the numerical rating, let alone the guide.

blush.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

They try all right. They try real hard to sound like somebody too dern dumb to know what a treasure they really have, so people will think they're putting one over on the guy by snapping it up for a song.

They're banking on the old W.C. Fields line, "You can't cheat an honest man."

You can always tell the genuinefly ignorant from tne guys who are trying to sound ignorant so they can feign innocence if and when they're caught. Phrases like "It says it's from 1938" and "it looks old" are typical giveaways. And of course is it comes from "grandpa..."

Action1gvgcgc.jpg

I guess that moldy 2.5 isn't the only copy with a gift grade foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, wait a second. I thought tape down the length of the spine was an automatic Good or lower? When did that rule fall by the wayside? confused.gif