• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guys post your action 1

87 posts in this topic

Arnt the Overstreet pricing conclusions leading you to an obvious answer. There making Guesstimates ! Theres a deadline to be met ya know..

I mean, the pricing clearly isnt being made off of the actual sales of Action 1, right?

Guestimates can explain why you get something wrong by ten or twenty percent. But not when you get it wrong by a hundred or couple hundred percent. And not when you get it wrong and keep it wrong for years.

(and on some books they've had it wrong for years not just by a couple hundred percent but by four and five hundred percent. And they report the "above guide" figures in the front section while keeping the totally wrong figures in the listings themselves. Are the sections done by different departments? Or is it done intentionally so you can pick and choose which section to show depending on whether it's a person who wants to buy the book or sell it. I expect a little misrepoirting and even manipulation but it has gone on for so long and reached such absurd levels that I fear it could eventually blow back and do great harm to the entire hobby/industry.

Yeah ,The Esquire Action 1 [4.0] was a crazy price just like the 275k for a 7.5 Superman # 1 was a crazy price back in 2002. [Look at the old board posts, everyone said he was nuts] Its not a crazy price anymore is it[superman 7.5]. In a very few short years we will be saying how smart the 4.0 Action 1 buyer was very quickly forgetting how crazy we all thought he was.....Superman 7.5 scenario all over again.

Action 1 is Rare in unrestored over 5.0. Not to many people know that.

The 4.0 esquire Action 1 was an INSIGHT sale for the buyer.Time will prove him right,and a short time at that.

I think the Superman 1 sold for 250K, not 275K. just a typo?

also, yes it was considered crazy then.

But, I dont hear much discussion about it here or elsewhere since then.

Is it really considered a a "smart buy" today?

clearly it pointed out just how few unrestored Supes 1s really exist in HG.

Its hard to say the price difference between 5.5 and 6.5 .You have to understand that for a comicbook that is mid grade, but for an Action #1 that is High grade because there is only 1 copy better than 6.5 on the census. The 7.5 has work on it even though in a blue label] Of all known copies the book is the 5th best copy as told to me by D.A. So at these levels 5.5 and 6.5 it can be anything.Its uncharted country. And to add to it the 4.0 esquire sale at 200k put a wrench in the numbers.

I mean if a 4.0 is 200k, than what is a 5.5 and 6.5.

so which were the copies in D.A.s top five copies?

I think we have listed them before...was this the order?

1--Church

2-- DKs 8.5 rusty

3-- Larsen

4-- no-name copy

5-- your 5.5

sorry Action1kid... typo above should read "your 6.5"

Did anyone post the one Mastro had in 2001, CGC 9.0 Moderate restoration? Think it went for 50K or so. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can dig out the catalog.

S

That copy has been all over the place since then. I don't know that my numbers are exactly right because its been a while, but last I remember that book had resold for upwards of $110,000.

Did anyone post the one Mastro had in 2001, CGC 9.0 Moderate restoration? Think it went for 50K or so. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can dig out the catalog.

S

That copy has been all over the place since then. I don't know that my numbers are exactly right because its been a while, but last I remember that book had resold for upwards of $110,000.

Yes, I remember Neatstuff having that copy for sale too.