• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guys post your action 1

87 posts in this topic

I've seen many books with tape down the spine with 3.0 labels. But not ones as beat as that.

If that was an action #90, I wonder what the grade would have been? My guess is 1.5 -2.0. You would think that the intimidation factor would be gone from the CGC graders having seen these books multiple times.

I've seen many books with tape down the spine with 3.0 labels. But not ones as beat as that.

As always the troubling thing is not that this book or another was graded loosely, but that others were treated differently. It's not the grading standards -- but the inconsistency of the standards, and when they happen to be more favorable -- that gives more than a little pause.

Or I should say perhaps inconsistency in grading. There seems to be a lot of consistency when you look not at the books themselves but at which collection they came from. And whether the collection has a conflict of interest connection.

Or as another poster wondered

<<<If that was an action #90, I wonder what the grade would have been? My guess is 1.5 -2.0. You would think that the intimidation factor would be gone from the CGC graders having seen these books multiple times.>>>

Ask which book it is, perhaps. But also ask whose book it is.

is it slabbed or raw, post it anyways who cares what others think ,look at mine no grade laserprint front cover ,only the sup story but still my pride and joy, so if i had one that is such a superb copy i would post away. 1579421-pgxact1.jpg

go for it this is probably the only action comics 1 i will ever own, so if i had a complete and great copy i would post it ever chance i had, i post mine ever chance i get because it is the best copy i will ever have.

ashcan/comics

1579421-pgxact1.jpg.4127b83fd57c2e2bd99bb5d7de347892.jpg

So if you want an Action 1 that is TRULY collectible, you have to go with this one.

Action1reprintsignedSiegel.jpg

Wait..../ wait... Wait a SPOON minute. Somebody WROTE on it. ARGGGGH! Throw it in the trash. Bring me a virgin Tip-Top!

If you are looking to sell that I would like to purchase it.

Still lookin for the Action 1...Heres my SupermaN # 1 in the mean time.

I know just what you mean. I misplace Action #1s all the time. tongue.gif

The Picture, The Picture. Not the book you Mutant !

Point Five is also a Mutant 893whatthe.gif