• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: what's on your stereo and bookshelf?

94 posts in this topic

people still "buy" music...weird

within my large library of music,all i do is play my media player on shuffle.most recent tunes were "soul crusher" from white zombie,depeche mode "enjoy the silence","imagine" from john lennon,and "loser" from beck

shuffle is odd sometimes

as for the bookshelf,a few well read trades.my sandman statue,a lot of papers,hopefully nothing important,and my tattoo ink

and now for something completely different!....

Nice...

Stereo : Tom Waits - Small Change

On the night stand..

Truman David McCullough

The Sun Also Rises E. Hemingway

All The Pretty Horses Cormac McCarthy

The Mescalero Apaches C.L.Sonnichsen

Car's CD changer

Queen Of The Blues KoKo Taylor

nighthawks at the diner Tom Waits

The Last Waltz The Band

Nick Of Time Bonnie Raitt

Car's CD changer

Queen Of The Blues KoKo Taylor

nighthawks at the diner Tom Waits

The Last Waltz The Band

Nick Of Time Bonnie Raitt

Huge Band fan here. hi.gif That's a great lineup of CDs!

Stereo: Now playing... KING'S X - GRETCHEN GOES TO NEBRASKA

in heavy rotation after is

BADLANDS

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - OUT OF THE BLUE

A PERFECT CIRCLE - MER de NOMS

LUX VIVENS - JOCELYN MONTGOMERY with DAVID LYNCH (MR. TWIN PEAKS, yep that one)

RUSH - SIGNALS

Bookshelf:

Hexes by Tom Piccirilli

Way of the Wolf by E. E. Knight

The Rising by Brian Keene (Highly recommend to whomever likes The Walking Dead series)

Best of H. P. Lovecraft (put this in your literary pipe and smoke it)

popcorn.gif

Here is my current ecclectic fave mix-

Stereo:

Queen: Flash Gordon (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture) -Classic! "Vultan's Theme" made me rewatch the movie last weekend.

Southern Culture On the Skids: Dirt Track Date- Check out "Camel Walk", my wife says this song is making her crazy!

Anthrax: The Threat Is Real!- Still rocking with this 2003 release. Good songs to check out on ITunes-"Catharsis, Harm's Way, Toast to the Extras, Stealing from a Thief". This CD has helped me start the day all this week.

Fireflight: The Healing of Harms- the song "Myself" is just darn catchy.

Die Trying : Die Trying- I bought this CD at a PX in Iraq in 2003 and rock it on my IPod at the gym pretty regularly. Rock band out of L.A. that has reformed as "VanityKills". This whole CD rocks!

A Static Lullaby: .....and Don't Forget to Breathe- Modern emo-rock at it's finest. Try out "The Shooting Star That Destroyed Us".

LL Cool J: All World: Greatest Hits- Classic Hip-hop! Play "Rock the Bells" at work and freak out the boss! Good times!

Q Lazzarus: "Goodbye Horses". Seen Silence of the Lambs? Remember that song Buffalo BIll danced to? Reenact this scene at work and not only will you freak out the boss- you most likely will be sued by someone! (Something about sexual harrasment or something 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

Iron Maiden: The Essential Iron Maiden-Required listening after Q Lazzarus! (Cleanses the palate!)

Bookshelf:

The Gift of Valor: Michael Phillips- The story of US Marine Corporal Jason Dunham whose family will receive his Medal of Honor at the White House tomorrow. He gave his life to save his fellow Marines.

Superhero: The Secret Origin of a Genre: Peter Coogan- Just started. Looks fun but reads like a college textbook.

Comic Book Guy's Book of Pop Culture: Bongo Entertainment- Hilarious!!!

CG.jpg

The Forgotten Soldier: Guy Sajer- Just about finished with this one. Unique look at the final days of WW2 from a German Army Soldier's perspective.

Good times! thumbsup2.gif

yay.gifChris

Stereo:

Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris - All the Roadrunning

(One of my top three fave guitarists and with Emmylou's voice and songwriting)

Elvis Costello - My Aim is True

(an album I can almost never hear enough of)

Three different versions of Chess

(not really a musical guy, but these songs are some of my favorites)

Bookshelf:

Against the Day - Thomas Pynchon

(long, but very entertaining)

Currently on the car CD changer:

Billy Bragg Mermaid Avenue II

X Los Angeles/Wild Gift

Bob Dylan Modern Times

Pink Floyd Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Lucinda Williams Live at the Fillmore

Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison

Currently reading:

Torts

Property

Contracts

Civil Procedure

Oh, and for fun, Little Lulu Vol. 8 and Michael Connelly's Echo Park (the best Harry Bosch novel I've read in a while thumbsup2.gif)

Huge Band fan here...

I'm with ya....the The Last Waltz video is a must have...!!

you need to read Levon Helm's book about The Band. then watch TLW again. En-Lightening.

Prydain books by Lloyd Alexander

cloud9.gif

right now all i listen to is bassdrive.com, although a buddy burned Led Zep's "How the West Was Won" onto CDs for me. pretty sweet.

books, books, let's see. I'm reading three right now, and can't really get into any of them, but that's likely more my ADD than anything else. "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by some dude, "A Changed Man" by Maxine "can you believe it" Prose, and a book about the West Virginia miner uprising in the early 1900s by an author whose name escapes me.

please note i use "reading" in the most liberal sense of the word, as that mining book has been glaring at me since early fall

Stereo - Three Days Grace (One X)

Bookshelf - Faith of the Fallen (Terry Goodkind)

893applaud-thumb.gif

Stereo/CD

- Queen - Greatest Hits I & II

- Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits

- Newsboys - Love, Liberty, & Disco......how's that for an odd threesome.

Bookshelf

- Terry Goodkind's - Phantom thumbsup2.gif

- The entire Dresden Files series which I completely read during October of last

year, can't wait for the new Sci-fi channel mini-series. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

- Ann Coulter's - Godless....there's one in every crowd, live with it!! headbang.gif

- Ann Coulter's - Godless....there's one in every crowd, live with it!! headbang.gif

The title of that book always makes me laugh. She uses the word "Godless" like it's some huge indictment. What year is this? 1542? I didn't realize that people were still deathly afraid of non-Christians and atheists. 27_laughing.gif

Stereo

Widespread Panic - Light Fuse, Get Away

Great album. I saw them in Ohio once, in the middle of summer. The theater got so hot you could see you breath if you had ice in your mouth. My friend passed out in the middle of the crowd and we had to drag him onto one of the balconys. It has to be at least 110 degrees....