• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Post the dumbest message someone sent to you on EBay

45 posts in this topic

Got this message on Ebay today which made me laugh at its sheer stupidity:

I will be sending payment of US $14.70 via Personal Check shortly.

Hi, I am puting a check in the mail today. As you can see I have a perfect feedback rating. I hope this will help speed up the amount of time it will take for my check to clear. Thanks

Wow!

I never knew banks paid any attention to folks' Ebay feedback ratings! He has a whopping 376 positive feedbacks. I'm sure that check will clear just like that! <snap>

27_laughing.gif

Got this message once -

I'm interested in this book but I think your shipping cost of $4.50 Priority is too high. Would you be willing to ship the book for $2.07. I've had plenty of other sellers willing to ship to me via Priority at this rate.

I responded that the shipping cost was as advertised, and that no one was shipping him books Priority at $2.07. We swapped messages after that and I finally just blocked him as a bidder. He responded to my email address with the following message.

What is wrong with you? Why did you block me? I was ready to give you big time money as I have tons of money to spend on things that I like. You are a loser who just lost out on some big bucks.

If no one hits the bin, will you sell it to me offline and ship for $2.07.

27_laughing.gif

What is wrong with you? Why did you block me? I was ready to give you big time money as I have tons of money to spend on things that I like. You are a loser who just lost out on some big bucks.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Come on, the guy worded it a but strangely, but he's obviously asking for "special treatment" due to his feedback, and to mail the comics immediately.

Well, sure, of course he is. It's just hilarious because it's so damn clumsy, obvious and silly. If you want it shipped immediately, there's an option for that nowadays...Paypal. grin.gif

Got a good one the other day. Upper Deck has these reward point cards with the trading card game that you can go to their website, input the 9 digit code off each card into their database, and earn points for cool loot (each card is worth 100 pts).

Since I already have a ton of points, and inputing the codes is very tedious, I decided to put 250 cards up for auction (enough to get an ogre suit, for you WoW fans). This guy sends me the following:

"Will you offer a BIN on your auction so I can buy now and have my son quit bothering me about it? Also, just send the codes - we don't want the cards."

If I wanted to type out all the dang codes, I would have just kept the cards and input them myself into the database! frustrated.gif

Post the dumbest message someone sent to you on EBay

Early on back in '99 and '00 I got a couple a wierd ones.

First from a seller I bought an item from emailed me that he would be alone that night and it would be OK for me to come over and we could get it on.

27_laughing.gif

Obviously he meant that for his girlfriend but replied to my email.

blush.gif

I emailed back that if he wasn't a thousand miles away I'd consider it.

poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

Second from someone after I made an offer on one of their items.

They must have mistaken me for one of their buddies and asked how was I after getting out of prison and if my asre was sore from getting raped.

foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

The one I had was insane.

I sold a bunch of rudolph the red nosed reindeer toys at christmas of '02 to some crazy wench

in pittsburgh.

She that said her pussie was sore by my high shipping that was clearly stated

and this was after I included a combined shipping discount.

I replied saying that you would be able to drive a humvee up in there

if you paid the full shipping price. And that's when the craap hit the fan...

She was saying everything from her boyfriend was in the marines to that she had

a connection to the hells angels...

Now this is over christmas toys for christ sakes!

I told her to forget it! And that I would pay for the eBay listing fees...

Then she came off begging saying that these were hard to find items that

she promised her daughter she would get.

It was around christmas time, since she appologized and paid I sent them...

and blocked her.

What a friggin' weirdo.

tongue.gif

back - n - forth with one of the buyers

"Do you mind if I wait for you to list your auctions so I can combine shipping?"

"I won't be listing much for a month and the shipping charge was free remember?"

"So is that a yes?"

"Merry X-Mas"

The one I had was insane.

I sold a bunch of rudolph the red nosed reindeer toys at christmas of '02 to some crazy wench

in pittsburgh.

She that said her pussie was sore by my high shipping that was clearly stated

and this was after I included a combined shipping discount.

I replied saying that you would be able to drive a humvee up in there

if you paid the full shipping price. And that's when the craap hit the fan...

She was saying everything from her boyfriend was in the marines to that she had

a connection to the hells angels...

Now this is over christmas toys for christ sakes!

I told her to forget it! And that I would pay for the eBay listing fees...

Then she came off begging saying that these were hard to find items that

she promised her daughter she would get.

It was around christmas time, since she appologized and paid I sent them...

and blocked her.

What a friggin' weirdo.

tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

He has tons of money and he's trying to save $2.43 on shipping. 27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

My personal favorite and to this day still don't understand.....

I had an x-men 244 NM in the store for like $5 or $6. Buyer hits the BIN and then asks if he can receive a lower grade copy instead of the NM book.

I email him back to ask if he's serious

He replies "I know its a strange request, and its not a money issue, I just want a lower grade copy"

I offer to "mangle" the copy for him

He declines and pays.

Weird

I listed my Magic the Gathering cards for sale on ebay as one lot for $500, soon after the auction ended unsuccessfully I received an email from a ebay member who was banned. They offered to buy my auction outside of ebay, the deal was that they were going to send $3,000 for the cards and I was to return $2,500 via Western Union when I get the check. This obviously was a scam, but I was bored so I decided how far I could take it.

Here are a bunch of emails I managed to save:

HELLO MR VAUGHN,FRANK HAPPENS TO BE MY MANAGER/AGENT WHO HELP ME TO LOCATE ANYTHING I WANT AND AND HAS ALSO TOLD ME THAT YOU ARE THE ONE HE IS BUYING THE CARD FROM.ALL I AM EXPECTING FROM YOU IS THE EXCESS AMOUNT AFTER YOU MIGHT HAVE DEDUCTED YOUR CARD MONEY FROM THE MONEY WITH YOU.AND FRANK TOLD ME THAT HE HAS ALREADY GAVE YOU MY INFORMATION ON WHICH YOU WILL SEND THE MONEY TO VIA WESTERN UNION.I EVEN COLLECTED YOUR EMAIL FROM FRANK AND I HAVE TRIED EMAILING BUT THE EMAILS CAME BACK,ALL I WANT YOU TO DO IS PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU I REALLY NEED THE MONEY TODAY BECAUSE I WANT TO USE IT TO PAY FOR MY DAUGHTER BILL IN THE HOSPITAL.SHE IS SERIOUSLY SICK.PLS MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE MONEY TO ME TODAY AND GET BACK TO ME WITH THE INFORMATION FROM WESTERN UNION SO ALSO YOU CAN EMAIL FRANK SO THAT HE CAN CONFIRM YOU HAVE GOT THE MONEY SENT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I forgot to save my responses, just the emails from the dirty scammer

From "Jaime Jayme" the buyer, note the all caps

A few weeks go by after I received their bad check, that bounced about a mile high and they get nervous that I descovered their scam. So they add this little bit of info in order for me to feel sorry for them:

DID YOU SEND THE MONEY YET,PLS GET BACK ASAP SO THAT I CAN PAY FOR THE HOSPITAL TREATMENT ,I NEED TO PAY THE BILL SO THAT THE SICK SOUL WONT DIE YOUNG.

DID YOU SEND THE MONEY YET,PLS GET BACK ASAP SO THAT I CAN PAY FOR THE HOSPITAL TREATMENT ,I NEED TO PAY THE BILL SO THAT THE SICK SOUL WONT DIE YOUNG.

OK, I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO HEAR FROM YOU,AND I REALLY THANK YOU AS YOU PITY MY DAUGHTER BY COMPLETING THE TRANSACTION TODAY,ALL I WANT FROM YOU NOW IS THE INFORMATION THAT I WILL USE TO CASH THE MONEY FROM WESTERN UNION LIKE THE MTCN#,THE ACTUAL AMOUNT YOU SENT,THE SECRET TEXT QUESTION AND ANSWER YOU USE FOR THE TRANSFER IF ANY,THE WESTERN UNION FULL SENDERS NAME AND ADDRESS AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU THINK I WILL NEED TO CASH THE MONEY SO AS TO MAKE SURE I PAY FOR MY DAUGHETR TREATMENT TODAY.

WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

BEST REGARDS.

from the "agent" not the lower case

I have sent you several emails and i havent heard from you pls let me know whats going on,i need an update from you so as to know whats really going on about the transaction.

Back to all caps

STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU,YOU SHOULD KNOW I HAVE TO PAY THIS TREATMENT FEE ASAP.

I have got to know from jaime that you aid you have sent the money but he aid you have not get back with the information he will use to cash the money from western union.pls do asap o that everything can go on smoothly.

Thank

Pls i really need to hear from you as this girl is dieing.

WHERE IS MY MONEY,DO YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN AWAY WITH MY MONEY?I WILL FILE A SUIT AGAINST YOU IF I DONT HEAR FROM YOU TODAY.I WILL FILE A SUIT WITH THE FBI AND IFCC AGAIST YOU.

GET YOU SOON.

Mr jaime cancelled the check since you did not want to send the money and he has already pay for her daughter bill.bye and never you contact me again.

I called them on their scam, letting them know I was jerking them around just to get some info from them. I got two of their bank account #'s, routing #'s. Home address and two email accounts. I sent all that to the FBI. Here's their response, very very nasty...but then again you should have heard my responses...

You are not good enough and also i must let you know you are stupid because u've got wrong infromations about me.so trace you mum A@@$$*&E f**k her later and eja****e in her p**sy.

I responded by calling them poor scumbag loser, that will end up in the street begging for pocket change. I guess that hit a nerve, read response.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU ARE A VERY STUPID SOUL,I WILL MAKE SURE YOU CRY,BY THE TIME YOU LOOSE THAT TWO STORY BUILDING THAT YOU ARE PRUOD OF AND YOUR F150 CAR YOU WILL KNOW ITS NOT EASY THEN.GET YOU SOON.

This was over a year ago, wonder what happened to this guy?

That last scam was one that my wife and I recently ran across. We had found a kitten, and tried to find a home for her on the classifieds at petfinders.com. Evidently this scam is big for pet adoptions, and we got about a dozen emails involving variations on the theme, which basically had the adopter/purchaser sending a large check to us to pay a shipper who was going to pick up the animal.....crazy people out there.

I listed my Magic the Gathering cards for sale on ebay as one lot for $500, soon after the auction ended unsuccessfully I received an email from a ebay member who was banned. They offered to buy my auction outside of ebay, the deal was that they were going to send $3,000 for the cards and I was to return $2,500 via Western Union when I get the check. This obviously was a scam, but I was bored so I decided how far I could take it.

Here are a bunch of emails I managed to save:

HELLO MR VAUGHN,FRANK HAPPENS TO BE MY MANAGER/AGENT WHO HELP ME TO LOCATE ANYTHING I WANT AND AND HAS ALSO TOLD ME THAT YOU ARE THE ONE HE IS BUYING THE CARD FROM.ALL I AM EXPECTING FROM YOU IS THE EXCESS AMOUNT AFTER YOU MIGHT HAVE DEDUCTED YOUR CARD MONEY FROM THE MONEY WITH YOU.AND FRANK TOLD ME THAT HE HAS ALREADY GAVE YOU MY INFORMATION ON WHICH YOU WILL SEND THE MONEY TO VIA WESTERN UNION.I EVEN COLLECTED YOUR EMAIL FROM FRANK AND I HAVE TRIED EMAILING BUT THE EMAILS CAME BACK,ALL I WANT YOU TO DO IS PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU I REALLY NEED THE MONEY TODAY BECAUSE I WANT TO USE IT TO PAY FOR MY DAUGHTER BILL IN THE HOSPITAL.SHE IS SERIOUSLY SICK.PLS MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE MONEY TO ME TODAY AND GET BACK TO ME WITH THE INFORMATION FROM WESTERN UNION SO ALSO YOU CAN EMAIL FRANK SO THAT HE CAN CONFIRM YOU HAVE GOT THE MONEY SENT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I forgot to save my responses, just the emails from the dirty scammer

From "Jaime Jayme" the buyer, note the all caps

A few weeks go by after I received their bad check, that bounced about a mile high and they get nervous that I descovered their scam. So they add this little bit of info in order for me to feel sorry for them:

OK, I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO HEAR FROM YOU,AND I REALLY THANK YOU AS YOU PITY MY DAUGHTER BY COMPLETING THE TRANSACTION TODAY,ALL I WANT FROM YOU NOW IS THE INFORMATION THAT I WILL USE TO CASH THE MONEY FROM WESTERN UNION LIKE THE MTCN#,THE ACTUAL AMOUNT YOU SENT,THE SECRET TEXT QUESTION AND ANSWER YOU USE FOR THE TRANSFER IF ANY,THE WESTERN UNION FULL SENDERS NAME AND ADDRESS AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU THINK I WILL NEED TO CASH THE MONEY SO AS TO MAKE SURE I PAY FOR MY DAUGHETR TREATMENT TODAY.

WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

BEST REGARDS.

from the "agent" not the lower case

I have sent you several emails and i havent heard from you pls let me know whats going on,i need an update from you so as to know whats really going on about the transaction.

Back to all caps

STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU,YOU SHOULD KNOW I HAVE TO PAY THIS TREATMENT FEE ASAP.

I have got to know from jaime that you aid you have sent the money but he aid you have not get back with the information he will use to cash the money from western union.pls do asap o that everything can go on smoothly.

Thank

Pls i really need to hear from you as this girl is dieing.

WHERE IS MY MONEY,DO YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN AWAY WITH MY MONEY?I WILL FILE A SUIT AGAINST YOU IF I DONT HEAR FROM YOU TODAY.I WILL FILE A SUIT WITH THE FBI AND IFCC AGAIST YOU.

GET YOU SOON.

Mr jaime cancelled the check since you did not want to send the money and he has already pay for her daughter bill.bye and never you contact me again.

I called them on their scam, letting them know I was jerking them around just to get some info from them. I got two of their bank account #'s, routing #'s. Home address and two email accounts. I sent all that to the FBI. Here's their response, very very nasty...but then again you should have heard my responses...

You are not good enough and also i must let you know you are stupid because u've got wrong infromations about me.so trace you mum A@@$$*&E f**k her later and eja****e in her p**sy.

I responded by calling them poor scumbag loser, that will end up in the street begging for pocket change. I guess that hit a nerve, read response.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU ARE A VERY STUPID SOUL,I WILL MAKE SURE YOU CRY,BY THE TIME YOU LOOSE THAT TWO STORY BUILDING THAT YOU ARE PRUOD OF AND YOUR F150 CAR YOU WILL KNOW ITS NOT EASY THEN.GET YOU SOON.

This was over a year ago, wonder what happened to this guy?

Sounds like one of those scams from Nigeria...Where someone dies and they always have about 30 million dollars they just want to give to you to "do with what God tells your heart to do...WHAT A CROCK!!!! You also have to watch out because they are good at making an ALMOST realistic paypal message stating that you were paid. Thing is, you can't click on any links on the message that go directly to PayPal...they tried to get my fiance once...