• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Action Comics only thread pre issue 30

149 posts in this topic

The actual first undeniable Lois Lane cover

Action27nbc1940.jpg

I Started a post about this almost two years ago. That is clearly Lois Lane on the cover of #27 I am not sure, why OS has not made the changes. They sugested that I sent in photocopies of the covers, and try to get the changes made, but I never did. They show #29 to be the first.

Now, that's clear evidence they would use any excuse in an attempt not to have to change anything in the guide.

If they really needed to see a cover image of Action #27, couldn't they have simply refer to the Gerber Photojournal or pull it up on the Comic Book Database. foreheadslap.gif

has nobody got a #12? that's my grail...

The only time I see a #12 is when it's a total beater copy. Ebayer "thejudge" is selling a 1.0 copy on ebay right now for $1,200 crazy.gif which is a quick flip attempt from a Heritage win.

The only nice copy I remember seeing is a CGC 7.5 copy that sold on ebay a couple years ago for big money.

Interesting to note that issue #12 seems so hard to find right now and selling for multiples to guide, even in low grade. I noticed that top guide on this book is only at $8,000. Any idea what the real market value on this book would be if one was found in high grade?

I also noticed that issue #5 which used to be broken out separately and noted as "rare" by OS back in the 80's have since been grouped back together into one grouping for issues #4 to #6. I still remembered finding this move to be rather suprising at the time, since OS normally breaks out books over time instead of going the opposite way. 893whatthe.gif

Action27nbc1940.jpg

I Started a post about this almost two years ago. That is clearly Lois Lane on the cover of #27 I am not sure, why OS has not made the changes. They sugested that I sent in photocopies of the covers, and try to get the changes made, but I never did. They show #29 to be the first.

Now, that's clear evidence they would use any excuse in an attempt not to have to change anything in the guide.

If they really needed to see a cover image of Action #27, couldn't they have simply refer to the Gerber Photojournal or pull it up on the Comic Book Database. foreheadslap.gif

The guide lately seems about as quick to admit mistakes and correct information as (name your least favorite politician or regime here).

Action27nbc1940.jpg

I agree! It was looking like a lot of work, and I also had a #29 at the time. I'm sure that it's Lois on the #27, but it's not up to me to me to make the changes.

Mike

Here's a link pulled from an old thread.

Someone listed an Action #27 on Comiclink with some scanned interior pages showing Lois in the same dress that the girl is wearing on the cover (assuming these pages are legitimate):

Action 27

893applaud-thumb.gif Great detective work Brian! It's definately her, and the same dress. That line "We're Daily Planet reporters.,. Come to give your private establishment a write-up" There's history at it's finest. It looks like the pages are from two separate books, but, I'm sure they are legit. I wish I would have read my #27

These have all been posted before, but here goes anyway.

action12.jpg

action14.jpg

action19.jpg

14 and 19 and de-slabbed, blue label 3.5's. 12 is a resto-free that should grade about the same and is incidentally the first GA book I ever bought (I think the copy of 19 was the last one as it happens).

The plan was to do a run of 11-20 or just 1939 issues, but my latest arrival, displayed in my avatar, has probably put paid to that, so I might be tempted to sell.