• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adventure funnies

33 posts in this topic

the first one was still created in a rush with 20 year old stock paper, I will be creating another one when i have time on 60+ year old paper over the next few weeks i will repost then you tell me what you think . What is wrong with it is image not sharp enough and yet still no grey tone, it will look remarkable the next version i do.

Ashcan/Comics

ps

i will probably get around to doing one of green lantern ashcan as well on old stock your right this is just a smoking image of green lantern one of the best covers in my opinion.

I don't know about you Mark, but this makes me nervous. yeahok.gif As long as they don't start showing up on Heritage it's ok. Good job though.

Don't panic guys i am in my mid 30's i am not planning on selling my books, i have boys who will get my collection when i am gone so i do not see them being available on the market for a very, very long time.

ashcan/comics

I don't know about you Mark, but this makes me nervous. yeahok.gif As long as they don't start showing up on Heritage it's ok. Good job though.

Too real looking for me most certainly! 893whatthe.gif Fortunately we really do know all the true ashcans from at least DC, Fawcett and a couple of small companies.

But this a nice wake-up call demonstrating how important provanance is when you purchase something purportedly unique.

no i have a few sheets of velox type paper left, and plan for sure am putting adventure funnies on the stock interior will probablyonly be action comics # 5 superman story only.

ashcan/comics

still undecided about green lantern, i am the biggest superman fan .

As a comparison, here's the real deal:

SupermanComics9.jpg

as a side note the superman ashcan i have is superman story only action comics #8 authentic backcover march 1939 and front cover is from 1939 with image printed on it if the front cover paper was tested it would prove to be from as i said late 30's.

1578575-ashcansuperman1.jpg

SupermanComics9.jpg

That's not yours, right? sumo.gif

If you only knew how much I'd love to say yes. But, no. It's from an old Heritage auction. I'm trying to put together an album with a pic/scan of every known ashcan title. So far I have 51 I think. Yes Mark, I swiped some from your site. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

SupermanComics9.jpg

as a side note the superman ashcan i have is superman story only action comics #8 authentic backcover march 1939 and front cover is from 1939 with image printed on it if the front cover paper was tested it would prove to be from as i said late 30's.

1578575-ashcansuperman1.jpg

27_laughing.gif You even copied the placement of the staples. Good, very good!