• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping CGCs to Australia? PayPal involvement/ fees, etc? HELP?!

10 posts in this topic

Greetings all, I need some opinions/ impressions/ experiences on this one, but wasn't quite sure where else to post this issue.

I recently got an inquiry on one of my current Golden-Age CGCs, wondering if I'd ship to Queensland, Australia? Now, my posting mentions US only (but I could handle Canada, etc.), but how difficult is it to ship to Australia?

Certainly, USPS.com is helpful and my local PO mentioned that Express Mail will likely work best to best insure delivery via Signature Confirmation w/ appropriate Insurance, etc. all for $40-$45 if under 5lbs. 893blahblah.gif

MY REAL QUESTIONS ARE THESE:

How does PayPal handle this one?

What kind of additional fees am I looking at?

What kind of seller protection, if any, might I expect?

Can this even be done - PayPal is worldwide, right? confused-smiley-013.gif

Certainly, if he pays me what I need for the book and the S/H it's definately worth my effort to see this through. My fear however, is that of a chargeback, rotten deal or otherwise.

We're talking about a $300-$400 book here -- Is this worth doing, or more of a hassle than it's worth...?

Thoughs, comments? Please discuss... thanks. hail.gifgossip.gif

For a $400 comic, think u are just subject to the normal PayPal fees. If u were shipping a higher value comic(s) of say $3,000, u will be subject to an additional PayPal cross-border fee of 1%.

I have no problems shipping from Canada to Australian clients. Mail from Canada to UK is actually 1 day faster than parcels from Canada to USA. juggle.gif

Greetings all, I need some opinions/ impressions/ experiences on this one, but wasn't quite sure where else to post this issue.

I recently got an inquiry on one of my current Golden-Age CGCs, wondering if I'd ship to Queensland, Australia? Now, my posting mentions US only (but I could handle Canada, etc.), but how difficult is it to ship to Australia?

Certainly, USPS.com is helpful and my local PO mentioned that Express Mail will likely work best to best insure delivery via Signature Confirmation w/ appropriate Insurance, etc. all for $40-$45 if under 5lbs. 893blahblah.gif

Certainly, if he pays me what I need for the book and the S/H it's definately worth my effort to see this through. My fear however, is that of a chargeback, rotten deal or otherwise.

We're talking about a $300-$400 book here -- Is this worth doing, or more of a hassle than it's worth...?

You wont find too many problems with mailing to Australia. Being on the receiving end of comics sent from the Northern Hemisphere, Signature confirmation works well for you because we have to sign for the package received, so that'll give some sense of peace of mind. Outside of the time factor being longer, there shouldn't be any more difference than if you were sending it to the UK etc.

Hello.

I have had lots (hundreds) of parcels shipped to me in Melbourne Australia.

Unfortunately living in Australia denies you access to getting your paypal account verified. I know some sellers who will not sell to you unless your account is verified but usually a short explanation solves this problem.

Secondly, Airmail will take 9-14 days. I have had a parcel make it to me in 3 days from the USA but 99.9% of the time it will take 9-14 days.

Box size makes a lot of difference with postage costs.

For the best protection for a CGC comic I have found people who ship in the USPS boxes with bubblewrap or a smaller box in the USPS box works perfectly.

Use insurance. If you don't its the whole he said, she said saga. For an extr few bucks you can cover yourself to a fair degree.

You will most likely have to fill out a bit of paperwork if you want insurance so expect to spend an extra 10 mins at the post office.

Except for the time delay and extra shipping cost, I dont think that its much difference from shipping to the buyer who lives 2 streets away.

Hope this helps.

Russ...

Hello.

I have had lots (hundreds) of parcels shipped to me in Melbourne Australia.

Unfortunately living in Australia denies you access to getting your paypal account verified. I know some sellers who will not sell to you unless your account is verified but usually a short explanation solves this problem.

Secondly, Airmail will take 9-14 days. I have had a parcel make it to me in 3 days from the USA but 99.9% of the time it will take 9-14 days.

Surface mail will take about 3 months. The package is sent via container & unless you are lucky the package will have some bruising & dents on it when it arrives due to being placed into a container with 10000 other items as opposed to Airfreight which used much smaller containers & reduces the weight that can potentially sit on your package.

Box size makes a lot of difference with postage costs.

For the best protection for a CGC comic I have found people who ship in the USPS boxes with bubblewrap or a smaller box in the USPS box works perfectly.

Use insurance. If you don't its the whole he said, she said saga. For an extr few bucks you can cover yourself to a fair degree.

You will most likely have to fill out a bit of paperwork if you want insurance so expect to spend an extra 10 mins at the post office.

Except for the time delay and extra shipping cost, I dont think that its much difference from shipping to the buyer who lives 2 streets away.

Hope this helps.

Russ...

There's no more hassle than shipping a box in the US. Don't ship Express Mail, you're not getting that much of a difference in speed. Ship airmail parcel post insured, which should take a week to ten days for $27.75 for 2 pounds (just change the weight on the link). I send slabs this way overseas all the time. You'll have to go to the USPS to do it, and you need to use a regular box, NOT a priority mail/express mail box.

You might also like to use the Australian white pages ( http://www.whitepages.com.au) to check whether the name/address match, although not everyone is in the telephone directory.
thumbsup2.gif

Hey, the phone book ~ this is particularly good for a follow-up as I knew that Australian Paypals are usually unverified -- NICE !

Airmail Parcel Post, eh 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

Wow, guys this is all great info -- Anything more? bumpit.gifTHANKS!

You might also like to use the Australian white pages ( http://www.whitepages.com.au) to check whether the name/address match, although not everyone is in the telephone directory.
thumbsup2.gif

Hey, the phone book ~ this is particularly good for a follow-up as I knew that Australian Paypals are usually unverified -- NICE !

Unless you are a lucky aussie like me and has a verified account confused-smiley-013.gif. I cannot remember now how that was done.

thumbsup2.gif

Unless you are a lucky aussie like me and has a verified account confused-smiley-013.gif. I cannot remember now how that was done.

Your kidding me.

If you remember how to get it verified let me know. I have tried but I get the message that because I live outside the USA my address cannot be confirmed.

Russ... thumbsup2.gif