• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

It has been a while since I had a book to post but thanks to eBay and sLiver, I have a few. In fact, I have finished my run of 94-143. I might upgrade some of the 9.6s down the road but I am happy for now.

Congratulations, Stevie. I feel just the teensiest bit guilty for acquiring your absolutely perfect 132, but I am sure it will pass. Still, I think it is fantastic that you have completed your run. Here's to one of the best buds a guy could ask for. Woo hoo! (thumbs u

The impact of these Boards can definitely be seen in these recent deals. Before you started posting, I never could have imagined sending you one of my perfect 9.8s. I'm sure Mike would have felt the same about me. But, as we have had a chance to get to know each other a bit, those feelings change. I was rooting for you to finish your 9.8 run and I felt OK about my 132 going to you and finishing your run. sLiver knows his 122 went to a good home and he is looking forward to the thrill of the chase again.

You had me at "hello." :cry:

an early bronze x-men issue.....

x65ebay.jpg

Very nice book, Casey. However, it belongs in the Silver Age thread. (tsk)

It was printed in Feb 1970. I thought the bronze age started in 1970. (shrug)

The BA X-Men begin with the reprints. However, them being reprints, I really do not like to include them anywhere. :whistle:

Hey don't mess with the reprints. Some had very nice covers by Marie Severin.

I agree with Casey. Bronze Age begins in 1970. But, I can see the point of keeping all the X-Men 1-66 books "together" in silver just like I consider all the Byrne X-Men bronze up to 143 even though some of those are 1980 books.

There has to be a clean break. You can't just say, "Well it's 1970, everything is now in the Bronze Age." I just don't think it works like that.

x65ebay.jpg

The BA X-Men begin with the reprints. However, them being reprints, I really do not like to include them anywhere. :whistle:

Hey don't mess with the reprints. Some had very nice covers by Marie Severin.

If they hadn't carried on with the sequential numbering, they would have been lost in the annals of time. :P

I agree with Casey. Bronze Age begins in 1970. But, I can see the point of keeping all the X-Men 1-66 books "together" in silver just like I consider all the Byrne X-Men bronze up to 143 even though some of those are 1980 books.

There has to be a clean break. You can't just say, "Well it's 1970, everything is now in the Bronze Age." I just don't think it works like that.

I see what you are saying and agree the beginning and end of each age should be tied to a particular issue or two since we are talking about comics.

Great books, Steve and congrats on finishing the run. That 132 isn't that bad. It gives it some character.

Thanks, KC (thumbs u

My run reminds me of the billboard for a local strip club, "49 pretty girls and one ugly one."

x65ebay.jpg

No love for the reprints :tonofbricks:

What do you mean "one last post?" :cry:

OK. It won't be my last post in this thread. This one is :devil:

I'm just kidding. I'll keep reading this thread to see everybody's beautiful books and I will continue to post my praise for the gems that show up in this thread. I just don't plan on having too many of my own to show.

My personal comic budget is on ice until our house sells - say a prayer for us because only God knows when that will be. I need to finish paying for a BA Spidey deal that I am in the middle of and that is the only comic-related expenditure I can afford right now. So, I won't be buying any new BA X-books for a while.

When I restart, I may upgrade some of the 9.6s in my 94-143 run but I won't start on on 67-93 run. My next big project will be a Spidey 100-200 run. That will keep me busy for several years. :)

What do you mean "one last post?" :cry:

OK. It won't be my last post in this thread. This one is :devil:

I'm just kidding. I'll keep reading this thread to see everybody's beautiful books and I will continue to post my praise for the gems that show up in this thread. I just don't plan on having too many of my own to show.

My personal comic budget is on ice until our house sells - say a prayer for us because only God knows when that will be. I need to finish paying for a BA Spidey deal that I am in the middle of and that is the only comic-related expenditure I can afford right now. So, I won't be buying any new BA X-books for a while.

When I restart, I may upgrade some of the 9.6s in my 94-143 run but I won't start on on 67-93 run. My next big project will be a Spidey 100-200 run. That will keep me busy for several years. :)

How is the washington real estate market?

No. The thread was in danger of going to the second page. So, in honor of GSX #1 being added to the BA X-Men set. I figured I would post mine and bump the thread. Actually, It was the first slabbed X-Men book I bought when I came back into collecting.