• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

here's a few more...lets blow this thread up!!! headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

OK, sLiver. I'll play. Here are two that I have never posted before.

X-Men100CGC9.jpg

Still am a bit miffed about losing that #100 to you Steve! tongue.gif

tonofbricks.gif

What! 893whatthe.gif But, that means that you sLiver are, in actuality, my eBay nemesis Spiketor!

And you got me back for the 100 when you poached my deal with Little Al for the last few books that I needed to complete my 144-200 run frustrated.gif Grrrr....

here's a few more...lets blow this thread up!!! headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

OK, sLiver. I'll play. Here are two that I have never posted before.

X-Men100CGC9.jpg

tonofbricks.gif

What! 893whatthe.gif But, that means that you sLiver are, in actuality, my eBay nemesis Spiketor!

And you got me back for the 100 when you poached my deal with Little Al for the last few books that I needed to complete my 144-200 run frustrated.gif Grrrr....

lol893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

i don't think so. You should be placing your grunt on the seller. boo.gif

Oh *spoon*, so this is spiketor 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for beating me out for that 268 makepoint.gif

lol - Thanks for jackin' up the price! makepoint.gif

But its a killer copy, still glad I won it! Will post scan when it comes in! wink.gif

All kidding aside, the next one is all yours MK! G'Luck!

Oh *spoon*, so this is spiketor 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for beating me out for that 268 makepoint.gif

lol - Thanks for jackin' up the price! makepoint.gif

But its a killer copy, still glad I won it! Will post scan when it comes in! wink.gif

All kidding aside, the next one is all yours MK! G'Luck!

27_laughing.gif

You are right. It is definately the finest looking 268 I have seen.

Thanks I will definately get the next one yay.gif

tonofbricks.gif

lol893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

i don't think so. You should be placing your grunt on the seller. boo.gif

Yeah, you're right. I asked him to wait a couple days to post it until I got back from the hospital but he got impatient. He thought nobody would buy it without pictures. He was really apologetic about it, and to his credit, he even sent me a FREE CGC 9.8 white pages copy of X-Men 144. But, I gave it back. Those kind of things happen and he wasn't trying to screw me. Plus, he was selling the books to raise money for a house and I already have 144.

Still, you at least owe me for getting you a good price on those books laugh.gif

That's a really nice looking copy, Jim. The reds definitely jump out. In some books the reds are almost orange - maybe because they were later in the print run and the ink mix wasn't quite right.

Warehouse copy...

Jim

That's a really nice looking copy, Jim. The reds definitely jump out. In some books the reds are almost orange - maybe because they were later in the print run and the ink mix wasn't quite right.

Warehouse copy...

Jim

I know a lot of collectors who think that there will be a lot of warehouse finds or collector hoards that turn up with this book. But, that is a beauty.

In some books the reds are almost orange - maybe because they were later in the print run and the ink mix wasn't quite right.

Nope, more likely these were "wall books" that faded a bit - red is the first color to go.

On that note, it might be time for me to post my used-to-be VF/NM to NM "super faded wall copy" CGC 4.0 X-Men 94. 27_laughing.gif

I know a lot of collectors who think that there will be a lot of warehouse finds or collector hoards that turn up with this book.

Well, we know of at least one. grin.gif

And boy were there alot of this issue and #94... thumbsup2.gif

Jim