• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

it only took me 4 months!!! :insane:

:o:insane:

Plane Ticket to Seattle using airmiles: $0.00

Rental Car for the day: $75.00

Emerald City Comic Con ticket: $15.00

Finding and grading the last few books to complete your run:

Priceless! :banana:

I'm pretty excited at the moment because I've agreed to buy an X-men #105 9.4 Pacific Coast pedigree from Mark @ Esquire comics.

I know it's not a 9.8 but those are out of my range at the moment. This will be my first X-Men pedigree book, having owned a multitude of 'collection' books mostly DD and Marvel Prem and a UXM #155 from the Thompson collection.

Will post a scan when I get it :grin:

I have been doing my X-Men run for 9 months now.

I have gotten pretty far pretty fast,

but nothing like you are pulling off lately BeachBum. (worship)

I do have one new book on the way. I will post it when it arrives if everyone promises not to laugh at its lowly 9.6 status. ;)

Also, what is the story behind Doc's incredible collection of 9.8's?

Was he the original owner of any of them?

Where did most come from?

Just currious.

I do have one new book on the way. I will post it when it arrives if everyone promises not to laugh at its lowly 9.6 status. ;)

Also, what is the story behind Doc's incredible collection of 9.8's?

Was he the original owner of any of them?

Where did most come from?

Just currious.

Doc got many of his fantastic 9.8s when Pedigree sold off his 94-143 run. And Doc was a beast when it came to competing for books that came up for public sale. And Doc had friends too (thumbs u

The one thing I had working for me is that I have a pretty hardcore raw collection of X-Men and all the side titles & mini-series, about 5000 pieces. I'm a stickler for condition. I've managed to get some awesome grades for my copper and modern runs, plus I pre-screen everything to the level I want to collect. You should see my X-Men 2nd series raw run. It's sick. I'm going start subbing it shortly. I just subbed and got the grades back for the variants on that run.

I was a little disappointed in some of my Bronze subs coming back 9.4 & 9.6 when I thought they would grade 9.6 & 9.8. If you take a look at my 129 9.6 it's really clean. I thought it was coming back 9.8.

I'm pretty excited at the moment because I've agreed to buy an X-men #105 9.4 Pacific Coast pedigree from Mark @ Esquire comics.

I know it's not a 9.8 but those are out of my range at the moment. This will be my first X-Men pedigree book, having owned a multitude of 'collection' books mostly DD and Marvel Prem and a UXM #155 from the Thompson collection.

Will post a scan when I get it :grin:

Congrats! That's awesome! I hope that when I start working on my Silver run I can pick up some pedigrees as well. Pacific Coast is an awesome addition to your collection.

Man awesome collections ... Im 65 comics away from being done with full run.....But I have been getting sidetracked lately buy other titles. I even broke down and bought 2 DC books.... well hopefully Ill finish soon ..

The one thing I had working for me is that I have a pretty hardcore raw collection of X-Men and all the side titles & mini-series, about 5000 pieces. I'm a stickler for condition. I've managed to get some awesome grades for my copper and modern runs, plus I pre-screen everything to the level I want to collect. You should see my X-Men 2nd series raw run. It's sick. I'm going start subbing it shortly. I just subbed and got the grades back for the variants on that run.

I was a little disappointed in some of my Bronze subs coming back 9.4 & 9.6 when I thought they would grade 9.6 & 9.8. If you take a look at my 129 9.6 it's really clean. I thought it was coming back 9.8.

I did the same thing. Back in my heavy collecting days I purchased 3 or 4 copies of every UXM and ASM as they came out. I started doing this with X-Men around issue #111 and never looked back. Since that time I have sold most of my extra copies to pay for this and that over the years and now I am down to only the single set I have now.

I still have tons of issues past #143 still to send in for grading, but I am too lazy to pack them up and to busy upgrading all my 94-143's to care about them yet.

If you end up with some extra 9.6's from your next submissions keep me in mind. :)