• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Share my sorrow...weep for me...stop me from banging my head against the wall...

63 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif Note to self...........don't bid against action1kid!

Actually, it's an invitation to bid against him. Punishment bid, anyone? devil.gif

Problem is you have to know im there. If im not, you are stuck big time.

Sounds like a challenge. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, it's an invitation to bid against him. Punishment bid, anyone? devil.gif

No not at all. Im just honest with you guys. I told you the truth.Your my buddies.

I mean nothing more than that I am telling you the truth.I was implying anything more than that.

hey, nearmint - - sorry you missed out on the book. But seems the only way you were gonna beat the other guy was to up your max bid radically (Action1kid-style) then, of course, youd now be complaining that you overpaid cause some crazy underbidder pushed you up so high! sux either way... believe me Ive been there. The hollow bitter aftertaste of Victory often makes the cruel sting of loss sweeter in time.

The moment arrives. With just a minute to go, the bidding is at $725, but you have no fear as you enter your bid of 1,051.99. You're high bidder!

But all good stories have a twist at the end, and this one is no different. With 26 seconds to go, someone bids $1076.00! At first, you feel betrayed, screwed by fate, but then you realize...wait! There's still time! So you enter a bid of $1151.00 and hit enter. The "confirm your bid" screen comes up and you hit enter again. You watch the little blue bar make it's slow progression from left to right. When it's almost halfway there...DISASTER! Internet Explorer suddenly closes! With no provocation whatsoever! You hadn't cursed it or anything!

Jeff;

Don't feel too bad since I somehow think you wouldn't have gotten the book even with your $1,151.00 bid. You have to remember that he had placed another backup bid right after his $1,076.00 bid on the assumption that there would be another bid coming in from you. My bet is that his true final bid was set at somewhere above $1,200.00.

BTW: I still remember Geppi had a goreous looking Church copy of that particular issue on display during the Diamond Int'l Galleries opening back in the mid 90's. Truly beautiful and the glossy colours just blew you away. I believe it was already long gone by the time I asked about it.

No not at all. Im just honest with you guys. I told you the truth.Your my buddies.

I mean nothing more than that I am telling you the truth.I was implying anything more than that.

Relax, I was just kidding.

I have exactly the same technique! Only replace "$1000" with "$100", "I'll blow it away with $3000" with "I'll hope to get lucky with $105.50", and "I have never lost since doing this" with "I lose all the time doing this". thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif Yeah, that's me too.

if you had used an online sniping service with a 4 second buffer, you likely would have won the book for less than 1100 bux, man.

How do you know the other guy didn't also have a snipe set that would have beaten out Jeff's snipe? Why does everyone who uses a sniping service assume they're the only one using a sniping service?

my assertion was based on the way nearmint described the auction and bidding, not because i assumed anything about either party. i try not to assume anything, where other people's buying is concerned

BTW: I still remember Geppi had a goreous looking Church copy of that particular issue on display during the Diamond Int'l Galleries opening back in the mid 90's. Truly beautiful and the glossy colours just blew you away. I believe it was already long gone by the time I asked about it.

gossip.gif It's on Metro's site for 7K.

Relax, I was just kidding.

Honestly, I knew you were. But just in case..............

if you had used an online sniping service with a 4 second buffer, you likely would have won the book for less than 1100 bux, man.

How do you know the other guy didn't also have a snipe set that would have beaten out Jeff's snipe? Why does everyone who uses a sniping service assume they're the only one using a sniping service?

But even if he lost, he still missed a chance to up the "punishment" on the winner.

Nothing more depressing than missing out on a punishment bid. tongue.gif

With a little effort I'll bet you could negotiate the price down to only $6999.99. poke2.gif

But even if he lost, he still missed a chance to up the "punishment" on the winner.

Nothing more depressing than missing out on a punishment bid. tongue.gif

Fortunately we have Action1kid to kick around. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

With a little effort I'll bet you could negotiate the price down to only $6999.99. poke2.gif

I think that's a little optimistic.

Probably right. What was I thinking? foreheadslap.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........HA

S

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........HA

S

flowerred.gif