• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Grade My Grail - Hulk 181

30 posts in this topic

Seems like with the newer pictures that grades are being lowered into the 7.5 range which leads me to the following question:

Would it be wrong for me to ask for a refund on this one if I end up finding more flaws than were visible in the auction photos (i.e. more spine ticks and corners worse than expected)? Seller states in his auction description full refund if not satisfied but should I offer to pay the listing fees? confused-smiley-013.gif It's still a great looking book but VF+ (8.5) that I had hoped for.

INCREDIBLE HULK #181 VF++ you decide the grade

Beautiful Incredible Hulk #181. Needs to be graded, but that is up to you. I have too many comics in my gun safe, and will be moving shortly. It is time to find a new home. The cover and back are clean and glossy. The top left corner has a TINY fray. Top right is perfect. Bottom right is minute fray, but not noticible. Bottom left is VERY TINY fray. I have tried to count the stress marks on the spine numerous times. Each time I come up with between 8 and 10 tiny cracks. I hope the pictures do justice, because this is as close to near mint as I have seen. I see no flaws anywhere that I have not mentioned. If the pictures are not clear enough, e-mail me, and I will send you some more. These photographs were taken through a heavy protective sleve, and reflect a little of the flash. If you need immediate answere, call me at 770-617-2126. Shipping is FREE in the US. Exact shipping for anywhere else. Insurance is your option at your expense. Full refund if not satisfied and returned in the same condition.

Since he said you could return it if you are not satisfied I dont see why you can't

One comment from me:

His description of the book is actually very good IMHO

The key part is: I have tried to count the stress marks on the spine numerous times. Each time I come up with between 8 and 10 tiny cracks.

Reading this immediately tells me I am not buying an 8.5. Regardless of what is wrong with the rest of the book an 8.5 just doesnt have this many spine creases.

I think the book still presents well, and depending what you paid is still a good pick up.

Wish mine was as nice.

Artboy99

Since he said you could return it if you are not satisfied I dont see why you can't

One comment from me:

His description of the book is actually very good IMHO

The key part is: I have tried to count the stress marks on the spine numerous times. Each time I come up with between 8 and 10 tiny cracks.

Reading this immediately tells me I am not buying an 8.5. Regardless of what is wrong with the rest of the book an 8.5 just doesnt have this many spine creases.

I think the book still presents well, and depending what you paid is still a good pick up.

Wish mine was as nice.

Artboy99

thumbsup2.gif

Yeah Depending on what you paid you might be able to even sell it on here to someone who wants it. I don't have a copy of that issue and I'm sure others are missing it as well.

It does depend what you paid, though. If you paid NM money then maybe keeping it isn't the thing to do.