• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Ebay auction is pretty funny

26 posts in this topic

Good to see Bob Nastasi is still in the game.

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif...that's the funniest ebay ad I've ever read!!! OMG I can't stop laughing!!! "MINT but the cover's off?" Grandma says that's the way Joe & Jerry signed it back then? Grandma????? And I LOVE the Payment instructions...put grandma in a home....deliver if within 10 miles....what a riot!!!!

Its a Joke. It has to be. I refuse to believe that anyone can be that stupid.

Graded by CGC in 1990??????????????????

Except for no cover , a coupon out and a beard drawn on Superman it is mint?

Well I have certainly heard dealers say the same thing in a different way like [[except for a slight color touch and slight glue,its unrestored]] .So I guess its kinda the same thing.

Well I have certainly heard dealers say the same thing in a different way like [[except for a slight color touch and slight glue,its unrestored]] .So I guess its kinda the same thing.

Keep reading:

This auction has be presented by Amazing Comics/AmazingCo.com - a ebay seller for almost nine years and a retail comic shop owner for over twenty two years at the same location. It is my way of saying that if you sell comic books on ebay, either grade them RIGHT or show me a large enough scan so that I can deciede for my self. This in no way is making fun of the used car parts profession - only of ebay comic sellers - both older and newer who are just are not getting it right. Thanks! Bob Nastasi,

i'm kind of dumbfounded that you have to even ask if it's a joke. i don't know if he could have been any more blatant in his description without saying THIS IS A JOKE in the opening paragraph.

no offense. i wonder if eBay has made you cynical or something

Nobody keeps us on our toes like action1kid, bobbing and weaving, juking and jiving. Serious? Kidding? Smart? Not so smart? Shill for showcase-4? Shill for bluechip? We don't know. And just when we think we've got it, he changes the rules.

Rock on, action1kid. You da man. headbang.gif

Nobody keeps us on our toes like action1kid, bobbing and weaving, juking and jiving. Serious? Kidding? Smart? Not so smart? Shill for showcase-4? Shill for bluechip? We don't know. And just when we think we've got it, he changes the rules.

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Do you really think I didnt know that was a joke. It was just fun to post what he said with a sarcastic ???????????

I like Ebay. You took me to seriously.

No offence.

tonofbricks.gif

the field is yours, sir. well played. if there was a "salute" graemlin, i would use it

ROFL!

Not sure I grok how action1kid has possibly shilled for me. Amused by the auction, though. Years ago I did a similar auction riffing on the flip side of the insanity, offering a mint unrestored copy of Powerpuff Girls #8 for something like 35K and offering to :toss in an Action 1 which was presumably worthless because it had color touch.

In retrospect, maybe somebody should have ignored the joke and gone ahead and bid.

And if that's true, perhaps the coverless cat peed superman 1 may also yet turn out to be a good investment. Didn't a 5.0 that looks more like a 3.0 just go for 83K?