• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery #9?

87 posts in this topic

A low grade copy hit eBay tonight...

MM #9

893applaud-thumb.gif

I emailed the seller for some details. he said the rat chew is somewhat significant, but it doesn't affect the art. So, it could be used for the project I guess.

Your not bidding on this are you? frown.gifshy.gif

No, it is all yours. I am cutting back on books for a couple of months..(translation = broke) grin.gif

saving up for the second weekend in February would be a more accurate way to describe your situation. impecuniousity? i think not.

I am fascinated with this book...

popcorn.gif

and appropriately so; after marvel 1, i think it might be the ultimate timely. i certainly dig it more than cap 1/torch 1/subby 1.

I think rarity is a big factor also. MM #9 is one of three issues that I need to complete my Marvel Mystery run. (the other two being issues #4 and #6) I've found many copies of issues 4 and 6 but have been waiting for the "right" copies to come along. With marvel Mystery 9 its just very hard to find, and if you want one, you pretty much have to take whatever copy comes along. In the past year, without even looking I've seen 5 or 6 easily affordable copies of MM #8. Marvel Mystery #9 is much more difficult to get.

whoa, filter, way to go! it's a wonderful run to have. good luck with those last 3. show us a picture of them all together plz.

I think rarity is a big factor also. MM #9 is one of three issues that I need to complete my Marvel Mystery run. (the other two being issues #4 and #6) I've found many copies of issues 4 and 6 but have been waiting for the "right" copies to come along. With marvel Mystery 9 its just very hard to find, and if you want one, you pretty much have to take whatever copy comes along. In the past year, without even looking I've seen 5 or 6 easily affordable copies of MM #8. Marvel Mystery #9 is much more difficult to get.

whoa, filter, way to go! it's a wonderful run to have. good luck with those last 3. show us a picture of them all together plz.

You first! poke2.gif

A low grade copy hit eBay tonight...

MM #9

893applaud-thumb.gif

I emailed the seller for some details. he said the rat chew is somewhat significant, but it doesn't affect the art. So, it could be used for the project I guess.

Your not bidding on this are you? frown.gifshy.gif

No, it is all yours. I am cutting back on books for a couple of months..(translation = broke) grin.gif

saving up for the second weekend in February would be a more accurate way to describe your situation. impecuniousity? i think not.

You are correct...to a point....

Traded a few emails with the seller and he said that he was offered $5,000 for this book but has decided to let the EBay process run its course. I told him to take the $5,000 and run but this auction is still going, I think he is going to regret that.

Holy *spoon*!! 893whatthe.gif I have to agree with you ... that seems like an extremely generous offer. Oh well, keeps it fair for everyone i guess (except the seller!!)

popcorn.gif

$5k for a CGC 1.5 MM #9!?!?! Definitely a nice offer. I don't know why he didn't take the offer. I wonder if the ebayer has low feedback or a lot of negatives that may have caused him to turn down the offer so he doesn't have to end the listing. I guess we shall see soon about the outcome of the book

$5k for a CGC 1.5 MM #9!?!?! Definitely a nice offer. I don't know why he didn't take the offer. I wonder if the ebayer has low feedback or a lot of negatives that may have caused him to turn down the offer so he doesn't have to end the listing. I guess we shall see soon about the outcome of the book

He should have jumped at it!

Final sale price

Final sale price

Yep, I'd definitely would take $5k easy!!! I'm still wondering why he didnt take the generous offer? Not only that, if he ended the auction early, he wouldn't have paid the expensive final value fee for the book. Def. not a wise decision on his part. I guess he is not experienced.

Final sale price

Yep, I'd definitely would take $5k easy!!! I'm still wondering why he didnt take the generous offer? Not only that, if he ended the auction early, he wouldn't have paid the expensive final value fee for the book. Def. not a wise decision on his part. I guess he is not experienced.

I am guessing the seller was full of 893censored-thumb.gif! He probably had no such offer, but thought hey this book is bidding quite well, and hey maybe if I throw up a huge number this guy will try to match or beat it. I mean come on 5K for a 1.5, I am supprised at the final total a little over 3500 big ones, but the maddness has to stop somewhere. Which is probably why none of our super smart board members picked it up, just plain to much cheese! Great book though, would love to have a copy, but for that much I would pray for at least a G 2.0 with cover attatched. My .02 cents! sign-rantpost.gif

One has to ask the motivation of a seller in informing a prospective bidder that he has rejected a generous offer to end the bidding early. Maybe the 5K offer was just a story told to curious bidders in order to set a theoretical value that would encourage aggressive bidding, or a more generous offer. Or maybe the seller suspected it wasn't a "serious" offer, but figured it might help to leave the number out there as a benchmark. Paying $3,500 doesn't seem so outrageous if you've heard someone else might pay $5,000 for the same copy.