• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PG X-men 6

17 posts in this topic

Not my book, but one i am considering buying. No BC scan is available yet, but pls assume it is clean and flawless. I am counting 3 stress lines on the spine, 2 of them very minor and one a bit more apparent. Then there is the upper spine corner. Thanks thumbsup2.gif

X-men6.jpg

9.2 if the back is perfect as you say but don't count on it.

There will probably be a little ding or two to pull it down to 9.0.

hi.gif

Gorgeous! I agree, likely a few more dings than are apparent, but by looks on the scan easily a 9.0.

I'm curious, though, it appears you can see the ad on the inside cover page seeping through as they do on CGC books with microchamber paper. Could the seller have cracked this one out of a slab, as it absolutly appears CGC worthy? If so might be worth finding out why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gorgeous! I agree, likely a few more dings than are apparent, but by looks on the scan easily a 9.0.

I'm curious, though, it appears you can see the ad on the inside cover page seeping through as they do on CGC books with microchamber paper. Could the seller have cracked this one out of a slab, as it absolutly appears CGC worthy? If so might be worth finding out why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Many of Metro's books looks like that... maybe they put in the paper on books above a certain value?

I think i will ask for hidden flaws as well as the BC Scan, and if satisfactory all thats left is to get the price down a little. tongue.gif

news.gif

OK i have now submitted my offer pending on a BC scan and their comments on hidden flaws. I also asked (dont know if they will reveal it) whether it used to sit in a slab or not.

Now 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for the offer

I hope the back cover scan proves the covers to be registered right along the spine because the presentation looks wonderful (and rare). To me a perfectly registered 9.2 trumps even a minor miswrapped 9.4 every time.

Dennis

Many of Metro's books looks like that... maybe they put in the paper on books above a certain value?

I think i will ask for hidden flaws as well as the BC Scan, and if satisfactory all thats left is to get the price down a little. tongue.gif

news.gif

OK i have now submitted my offer pending on a BC scan and their comments on hidden flaws. I also asked (dont know if they will reveal it) whether it used to sit in a slab or not.

Now 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for the offer

nice book looks 9.2 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for your offer

Is it me? Or does anyone see the tanning/dust shadow on the right edge FC? 9.0

That is just you poke2.gif

No after looking more closely i cannot decide whether there really is a faint faint shadow on the right edge... it may just be the scanner. If anything that makes me want to see the BC even more. I do however have difficulty imagining that Metro undergraded a book in the higher ranges cool.gif

Is it me? Or does anyone see the tanning/dust shadow on the right edge FC? 9.0

That is just you poke2.gif

No after looking more closely i cannot decide whether there really is a faint faint shadow on the right edge... it may just be the scanner. If anything that makes me want to see the BC even more. I do however have difficulty imagining that Metro undergraded a book in the higher ranges cool.gif

Regardless, It's a gorgeous book! thumbsup2.gif

I always tend to try to grade towards the worst possible scenario, that way if it DOES end up that way, I know what to expect..anything else is a pleasant surprise...I've been told Metro is pretty good with their grades though>>>I hope so I made a major purchase from them recently... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

One other thing to be aware of: This particular book is notorious for cover overhang at the top. I have owned over 20 of these books and all of them had it to som degree. When I see a copy that doesnt have it, I get suspicious...

Artboy99

One other thing to be aware of: This particular book is notorious for cover overhang at the top. I have owned over 20 of these books and all of them had it to som degree. When I see a copy that doesnt have it, I get suspicious...

Artboy99

No problem i will just write to the seller and ask "Have this book been trimmed?" tongue.gif

Thanks for the heads up, Once i get a reply on the offer i will probably call them to clear up the details and i will ask them about any overhang, and the suspected trimming. If you have an untrimmed copy you would post a scan and we could compare? offhand i didnt notice any signs on the scan that suspected the book had been trimmed, not to mention it is listed as unrestored..

Well i got the BC scan

While it is fine for a 9.0 it definetely rules out the possibility of a 9.2... they know what they are doing at Metro wink.gif

They declined my offer but offering free shipping in the US which for me is just a real treat tongue.gif

Artboy99

No problem i will just write to the seller and ask "Have this book been trimmed?" tongue.gif

Thanks for the heads up, Once i get a reply on the offer i will probably call them to clear up the details and i will ask them about any overhang, and the suspected trimming. If you have an untrimmed copy you would post a scan and we could compare? offhand i didnt notice any signs on the scan that suspected the book had been trimmed, not to mention it is listed as unrestored..

It is very possible it can be an untrimmed copy. I am just saying They are very hard to come by, and all copies I have ever had in hand had overhang.

I don't have a book without overhang to show you, and neither do these guys:

http://www.comiclink.com

Every book has overhang ( although the one with the small picture is to hard to tell )