• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Careers at Comiclink

36 posts in this topic

Whet, if you're serious, please do apply with a resume and cover letter to the email on the posting. I don't check the boards very often, so that would be the next best step.

Anyone else reading, please forward the job listing to qualified applicants. We are also serious about the $1,000 referral fee.

Ben Smith

www.metropoliscomics.com

Since Metro is here scanning this thread, here's a question I have about your website: Why isn't Alex Schomburg on the list of searchable Artists in your Advanced Search feature? Considering the volumn of GA you guys do, and the fact he is both heavily collected and his body of work was so prolific, wouldn't it make sense to have your programmer add him in?

the method already exists in the "Advanced Search" (although not in any inbuilt drop-down format) - search the "Comments" field with keyword Schomburg

Thanks Joseph, however, I have a hard time believing Metro has only 20 Schomburg covers in stock (which is the Search result returned). No Subbys or Marvel Mysterys returned at all. The artist field itself needs to be modified, as well as their backend input. I have a hard time understanding how such an oversight comes about to begin with. I mean, c'mon, this is Schomburg. confused-smiley-013.gif

i'm not dismissing that what your saying is not important. i actually think its great piece of advice.

but any method you come up with will always be reliant on whether the book was indexed appropriately, or at least with artists name being included in the description. in the case where there is no pre-defined field in the database, then including the artists name in the description offers some form of alternative and redundancy.

admittedly, i haven't included the artists name in every single book i've listed on my site. so if you searched on the keyword "Crumb", i wouldn't be able to guarantee that the books appearing in the results are the only Crumb books on my site.

although for most of them, i have cited the OS convention for distinguishing the books importance (ie. Kirby cvr and art). even then, such a method is fallible, but Vincent did say they were addressing it so that's a good thing for people wanting to scan their catalogue by artist.

any search function is made meaningful only by the manner the data is indexed, and i guess i'm trying to say that i too can equally blamed for not anticipating the requirement in my listing format.

Whet, if you're serious, please do apply with a resume and cover letter to the email on the posting. I don't check the boards very often, so that would be the next best step.

Anyone else reading, please forward the job listing to qualified applicants. We are also serious about the $1,000 referral fee.

Ben Smith

www.metropoliscomics.com

Let me get something together for you. thumbsup2.gif

I think the degree preference is more related to a required age/maturity of the applicant than any post-grad work in astrophysics.

I guess that knocks me out then, because I am old, immature, and have completed post-graduate work in astrophysics..

frown.gif

sign-funnypost.gifhi.gif

I think the degree preference is more related to a required age/maturity of the applicant than any post-grad work in astrophysics.

I figured that but my point was a person with a Masters degree would be looking for a higher paying job than Josh could probably offer. He would have to find someone younger without the full brunt of life's responsibilities necessitating a higher paying job. But who knows, maybe Josh pays big bucks?