• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I did it. I picked up the last of the ION Covers to add to my collection.

11 posts in this topic

Today I made my trip to downtown Toronto (on my day off which turned out to be the coldest day of the year so far) to pick up the final covers in the ION limited series from the cover artist Kalman Andrasofszky.

I met him at the paradise Toronto comiccon in April and bought the cover to issue 2

Later on I emailed him and asked him if the covers to issue 3 and 4 were available.

He said yes and when I picked them up he said if I wanted he would give me first shot at all other covers in series. Since ION is a 12 issue limited series these are the final two covers.

So now I have the covers to issues 2 all the way through 12.... (I wonder if that’s a record... Probably not)

The man does amazing work

Check out his website at

http://www.horhaus.com/v3/index.html

Kalmans pages directly at

http://www.horhaus.com/weblogs/kalmangallery/index.html

And his Art reps page where his art is for sale

http://www.comicartlinks.com/for_sale/ka.html

1604411-IONCover11.jpg

1604411-IONCover12.jpg

1604411-IONCover12.jpg.d0a88b43f08ce86f57bc9092ac974f30.jpg

Cool. Congrats. I like Kyle as a GL

Why not issue #1? Artist keeping it or did someone beat you to the issue?

Issue 1 was by a different artitst Ivan Reis.. and someone did beat me to it and it was priced really high.. maybey one day

and concentrate on my writting

and maybe your spellling. tongue.gif

Seriously, though...congrats on completing the set.

The Reis cover might be more expensive...but should the opportunity ever present itself, I can't think of a better place for it to be.

Wow This KILLS me I live right here in Toronto and didn't realize the covers were here I was hoping they'd come for sale Hahahaha

My own personal agony aside, congratulations on those pickups.

well Kalman does have the unpublished cover to Issue 5 for sale still I think.

Email him and ask

Tell him Sam sent you

Wow This KILLS me I live right here in Toronto and didn't realize the covers were here I was hoping they'd come for sale Hahahaha

Email him and ask

Tell him Sam sent you

I saw that on the website. I don't want the unpublished stuff, though. My budget is limited enough that when I spend, I only want to spend on published stuff (my 'con sketches notwithstanding, of course.)

Congrats on the pickups, though! Those are awesome!

Email him and ask

Tell him Sam sent you

I saw that on the website. I don't want the unpublished stuff, though. My budget is limited enough that when I spend, I only want to spend on published stuff (my 'con sketches notwithstanding, of course.)

Congrats on the pickups, though! Those are awesome!

Well if you ever change your mind it I think its 200 canadian