• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB - Avengers 93 CGC 9.4 or above.

38 posts in this topic

MetropolisComics.com has a raw 9.4 for $300.00 Looks like it MIGHT slab out at 9.4

SuperworldComics.com has a #93 they say is borderline 9.2-9.4 (no scan you would have to ask for one)

The Metropolis copy looks like it's worth $300 to me, if CGC 9.4s are selling above $500. Pull the trigger! 893whatthe.gif

I have examined this copy in person at the Metropolis offices about 2 or months ago, and believe it would grade out at 9.4 -- were I still collecting Marvels, I would buy this copy in a heartbeat with zero negotiation on price.

My question, why wouldn't Metro CGC this book if they were so certain of the 9.4 grade?? A CGC 9.4 on CL went for about $600.00 not that long ago. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This particular book came out of a huge raw bronze collection they acquired back in November -- several books got slabbed, but several were not. I went through about 15 or so short boxes full of raw unslabbed books. Bought some, left most. There were many copies that would grade 9.4/9.6 that would not be sent to CGC.

As I said, when I saw the book in person, held it, I felt that it certainly had 9.4 potential. If it were a 9.2 (and certainly guess the CGC grade is no exact science) you'd own one helluva nice 9.2 -- and what I was amazed by was the beautiful spine on the book in terms of squareness.