• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motion Picture Funnies #2-4

29 posts in this topic

Now, that's something I never would have even thought to look for on ebay. I would have jumped at the chance. Motion Picture Funnies Weekly is one of those books that I always dream about finding- Overstreet had that mention of "distibution in the Boston area suspected" that set my imagination wandering when I was a kid. How many sets of the covers are there? $900 is right at guide, by the way.

The interesting thing is that the buyer apparently re-sold them on eBay shortly after buying them. The cover to issue #4 should be a dark red and not have that red edge. It appears that it might be faded or had a dust shadow, or something. (Check your photo journals on this)

Yes, there were two sets of these covers sold on ebay in the last few months. Honestly people, what can you call "rare" with ebay nowadays? :-)

Ankur

what ever happend to good ole ankur (shrug)

and, not that it matters, but the set in question that the link no longer works for, I have it :headbang:

I got 1,2,3,4 from The Book sale at the San Diego con in 95. John Mcglauglin. Also passed away.

The book wasnt even in the vintage comic pavilion. It was were all the cheap toy repros were on the other side of the hall. You had to see my face when I saw that book there. I was in shock. He wanted a reference to take my check.Boy did I panic, i knew I was gonna lose that book .

Fish backed me up as a man of good character and the book was mine.

Alas sold 9 years ago.

I got 1,2,3,4 from The Book sale at the San Diego con in 95. John Mcglauglin. Also passed away.

The book wasnt even in the vintage comic pavilion. It was were all the cheap toy repros were on the other side of the hall. You had to see my face when I saw that book there. I was in shock. He wanted a reference to take my check.Boy did I panic, i knew I was gonna lose that book .

Alas sold 9 years ago.

my last SDCC was 1994...just missed you there

Alas sold 9 years ago.

Wait, are you saying you havnt been to an S.D con since 94? Im sure I misunderstood.

Alas sold 9 years ago.

Wait, are you saying you havnt been to an S.D con since 94? Im sure I misunderstood.

I mispoke... my last con attending as a buyer, before my 10 year comic hiatus was 94 (I went from 87-94)...then, in 2005 I set up for first time as a seller (star trek action figures) and have set up 5 years straight

Alas sold 9 years ago.

I mispoke... my last con attending as a buyer, before my 10 year comic hiatus was 94 (I went from 87-94)...then, in 2005 I set up for first time as a seller (star trek action figures) and have set up 5 years straight

Ah, sounds better.

Alas sold 9 years ago.

That book is junk. Nobody wants it.

:insane:

Alas sold 9 years ago.

Theres none to be wanted, sure!

Alas sold 9 years ago.

Yeah! I hope I don't get stuck with ANOTHER one. :boo: