• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MY First Convention Sketch Thanks to SUYDAM

17 posts in this topic

Well this is the first convention sketch that I purchased at a convention (Phx. Con) I went to meet Perez. But forunately I was unable to get a sketch because instead I was able to to meet Arthur Suydam and get the beautiful Thing Zombie sketch.

I really want to say that he is a very kind and personable guy. Very professional and is willing to talk to the fans. His wife was there with them and she is a top notch person just like him. Very good people in every sense.

He really seemed to take pride and enjoy his work. They even stamped the back of the sketch with his gallery. Another good thing is the piece may get published in his up coming sketch book as well. I cannot praise him enough. He did mention he is working on an up coming Fantastic Four Zombie Mini.

893applaud-thumb.gif

suydam_0003.JPG

Well this is the first convention sketch that I purchased at a convention (Phx. Con) I went to meet Perez. But forunately I was unable to get a sketch because instead I was able to to meet Arthur Suydam and get the beautiful Thing Zombie sketch.

I really want to say that he is a very kind and personable guy. Very professional and is willing to talk to the fans. His wife was there with them and she is a top notch person just like him. Very good people in every sense.

He really seemed to take pride and enjoy his work. They even stamped the back of the sketch with his gallery. Another good thing is the piece may get published in his up coming sketch book as well. I cannot praise him enough. He did mention he is working on an up coming Fantastic Four Zombie Mini.

893applaud-thumb.gif

suydam_0003.JPG

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Damn - I forgot the PHX con was this weekend. Oh well, I had family in town anyway and couldn't make the drive up. frustrated.gif Guess I'll just have to wait to get my con fix ... how long until Heroes? wink.gif

Great sketch - I'd love to get a zombie sketch by Suydam - but I'd really like to get one from Sean Phillips ...

Sweet sketch!! thumbsup2.gif

Wish I could've gone to the forum dinner Sat. Night Rch said he had a great time and mentioned how cool you guys that attended were. Hopefully the next time ill be better.

All top notch guys. It was a great time. Good convo and good company.

hi.gif

Ditto on that!! thumbsup2.gif

It was fun -- people shouldn't be so shy next time and should come out and meet the forumites.

Big props to Plitch and Bill for representing CGC in fine fashion! Thanks guys! 893applaud-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

Anyone know how much a Suydam sketch costs at a con?

He's going to be appearing at Wizard World Philly and I figured I'd find out...

Thanks!

I waited until he was signing at the heroes initiative booth and got my phoenix for $40.

Bummer..I can't see it for some reason. Still though..congrats are in order! Nice job, man. Suydam does some mean zombies. Zombie Thing's an interesting choice...wish I could see it.

The link's not working, so he may have pulled it off that site. PM him and see if he'll email you a scan. It's a nice sketch.

headbang.gif