• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRE 2010: SIGNATURE SERIES: QUESTIONS & ANSWERS THREAD

288 posts in this topic

If I give a book to a CGC witness you get a few sigs on book but they are unable to get one and on my instructions they bring the book back to me ungraded.

Later on I take the book to them as it is signed but no other sigs added for a few more sigs will that book get Yellow If I still have the supporting documents?

As soon as you take the book away from an SS Witness it is no longer eligible for Signature Series.

There is no such thing as supporting documents in this case.

In some instances you can make arrangements with the SS Witness to hold the book for additional signatures for a short period of time between signing events.

What I meant by supporting document is the original Form I received from Paradise that showed a list of signatures that woud back up what sigs were received!

What is the allowable timeframe between signatures!

I know what you meant, but we don't accept any documentation.

It's very clear --- as soon as you walk away from a SS Witness or CGC with a signed book, then the SS Verification is invalidated. A form, testimonial, video or photograph or any other kind of documentation is not accepted. They might give you a receipt saying they did get it signed for you, but they can't accept that back for SS after you take it home.

Allowable time frame is something you need to discuss with the Witness directly. Books cannot be held indefinitely waiting for additional signatures, so you should have some idea of when it should be resolved. Present it to the Witness and if they aren't sure they can ask CGC.

So let me post this question...Can a person who has their letter published in a comic book sign it in front of a CGC SS Witness and get it slabbed as a SS? How cool would THAT be?

Can I sign a book in front of a SS witness and get a signature label? eg. Signed by "My Name Here" on xx/xx/xx

what are the rules on that? actors/actresses can sign and get SS label, artists and creators who have nothing to do with a book can sign, etc.

Can I sign a book in front of a SS witness and get a signature label? eg. Signed by "My Name Here" on xx/xx/xx

what are the rules on that? actors/actresses can sign and get SS label, artists and creators who have nothing to do with a book can sign, etc.

I just asked the same question...(see post right above yours)

But I don't see why not. Your work was published in the book even if it was a letter. You created that particular part the publisher felt inclined to include in an ACTUAL integral part of the book (and it's NOT an ad)

So let me post this question...Can a person who has their letter published in a comic book sign it in front of a CGC SS Witness and get it slabbed as a SS? How cool would THAT be?

Yes, they could. Infact, Kevin, Peter (Dixon) and I were mentioned in Following Cerebus #1 and there are a couple of SS of those floating around...

Hugh Jackman can sign a Wolvie/X-Men book, Patrick Stewart can sign a Prof X/X-Men book, Branden Roth can sign a Supes comic, etc. Stan Lee can sign anything Marvel but most witnesses really do not get sigs from creators not associated with the books. It just doesn't make sense.

We did have Mr. Larson sign a Larson Pedigree book and gave it back to him (as a CGC Sig Series) when he was at our forum dinner in San Diego. Steven Colbert did some SS books for some spidey book that Peter David wrote him into this week, stuff like that is cool. But "SIGNED BY PAUL LITCH ON 2/26/07" on a Batman book makes no sense and we wouldn't do it. Now if it was a Green Lantern book... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i was wondering about the notes that CGC puts on the book when they are qualified.

So SS books receive the recognition of the person who signed the book and the date/event it was signed at.

Do all qualified books just state "name written on cover" on the note? Would it ever say anything else other than "name/names written on cover"? just curious if they acknowledge who it is supposedly signed by or not.

All I can say is that if it isn't witnessed it isn't Signature Series and SS labels note who signed it and when it was signed (and sometimes where as well).

If it isn't SS then that is a general CGC question, one that Paul Litch is in a better position to answer than I am. I'm sure he's gone home for the weekend, so hopefully we can get you a more official answer on Monday.