• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers?

15 posts in this topic

I sold off some high # Avengers that sold near Overstreet and a few above...are the Avengers becoming the next hot item? or are they undervalued?

They've always been hot, perhaps because they're generally less expensive than other SA/BA Marvel titles. Some of the issues in the run are undervalued, but you could say that about most Marvel Silver and Bronze Age runs.

160-194 in 9.4 or above are pulling in serious guide multiples at the moment it seems

*spoon*-kicking Perez/Byrne issues. If I had an Avengers collection, those would be the issues I'd buy.

160-194 in 9.4 or above are pulling in serious guide multiples at the moment it seems

*spoon*-kicking Perez/Byrne issues. If I had an Avengers collection, those would be the issues I'd buy.

Exactly! Many Avengers fans feel these issues are the pinnacle of the entire first run. thumbsup2.gif

Thats kind of funny,as I'm a huge Avengers fan and aside from the Micheal arc,I think that era was mostly fairly weak..Maybe not compared to what came after it,but I'd take 100-150 over 151-200 or almost any subset of that group.But I readily admit I'm in the minority on that.

Thats kind of funny,as I'm a huge Avengers fan and aside from the Micheal arc,I think that era was mostly fairly weak..Maybe not compared to what came after it,but I'd take 100-150 over 151-200 or almost any subset of that group.But I readily admit I'm in the minority on that.

Oh, no doubt Shad! I love 100-150, although the whole Mantis/Madonna thing got old after a while.

But #150-200 has the Kirby covers, Perez and Byrne at their best, the cool Ultron, Nefaria and Michael stories, and Taskmaster. Can't go wrong with that grin.gif

Oh, no doubt Shad! I love 100-150, although the whole Mantis/Madonna thing got old after a while.

But #150-200 has the Kirby covers, Perez and Byrne at their best, the cool Ultron, Nefaria and Michael stories, and Taskmaster. Can't go wrong with that grin.gif

I remember re-reading the Nefaria and Taskmaster stories over and over again when I was a kid. Great stories and cool art.

Exactly! Many Avengers fans feel these issues are the pinnacle of the entire first run. thumbsup2.gif

No question those are sweet but I've always been partial to the Buscema/Palmer issues. That run was pretty darn good.