• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this look legit?

19 posts in this topic

I am thinking about bidding on this auction. I think I want it if it goes cheap enough. I know if I post this I increase my chance of being outbid but I don't care.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Todd-Mcfarlane-INFIN...bayphotohosting

I think the Seller needs to figure out whether he/she is in the "UK" or Singapore.

Joseph

any other opinions. He listed another piece that has photos taken on the same back ground so if he is stealing photos then he is stealing them from the same place. I would like this piece because Infinity inc covers are the cheapest Mcfarlane covers to own and I think they are actually very nice.

Email the seller and ask him for a scan or photo of the back of the piece. Or a higher resolution scan. If they can produce that then chances are they really have the art.

But with feedback like that, I don't know that it means he'll actually send you the art if you win.

Personally, even if this were a piece I *HAD* to have, I wouldn't touch this auction.

That's my two cents.

Be afraid, be very afraid. Also, I seem to remember this one on Ebay before.

In the questions section he tells someone that he donesn't have any McSpidey art. I'm not saying he's legit, but it's a good sign that he didn't try to sell the guy the cover to ASM 300 27_laughing.gif

Communication is always the key here. Email him/her and express your thoughts. If he is legit, he will email you the necessary info. Ask for a phone number and chat with him on the phone. Also ask for references and how they obtained the piece. The more info you have about the seller the more reassured you should be about placing a bid.

My 2 cents

stephen

Looks Like a large Stat or something. The center art protion looks like it was glued down to the art page. Looking closely the inner art is whiter than the border. The Signature on the bottom looks like the border. It Doesn't appear to me to be the actual art but rater the original art was copied pasted to the art border and "touched" up for the final product. Not saying its fake just a part of the production process for that particular cover.

Just inversed the image the Art looks like it is definitely one large stat the shading in the inverse image are definitely different from the inside art to the outside border and you can make out a cut out portion where the signature is. You can also see a few touch ups done for the final version of the cover.

Thank you I think I am gonna pass. I do like Mcfarlane infinity inc covers But If everybody else is sure that something is wrong then I am not gonna bid. Somebody might endup getting a real good deal I wish I had the money to gamble But I already gambled once this past month and I think I lost.

But I already gambled once this past month and I think I lost.

Yeah, but there was no way you could have known that was a guy. The lighting was really bad and you were completely hammered. You just should have listened to your frineds before you decided to take him/her home. 893whatthe.gif

It's a good thing you passed. This was posted on the Comicart-L last night by Ted Latner and he confirmed that this is a stat or mech cover.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/comicart-l/message/255637

For those not members of the L:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I just noticed this auction on eBay, which is closing in less than a

half hour:

http://qurls.com?i=1651

I had bought this from someone several years ago on eBay (also in

Singapore I believe) and it turned out to be completely stat with no

original art. While I was able to return the "art" and get most of my

money back (minus fees and shipping), it looks like it's up for sale

again.

The scan isn't so good, but it definitely looks like the same stat

cover that I had bought. If so, the entire image between the guide

lines is one stat (with no original art underneath) with a separate

stat pasted on for the signature on the bottom left.

If anyone on the list is bidding on this, I suggest you cancel your

bids. Unfortunately it's too late for me to contact the seller now

and I'm not sure if they would do anything anyway.

Regards,

Ted Latner

http://www.comicsfun.com

But I already gambled once this past month and I think I lost.

Yeah, but there was no way you could have known that was a guy. The lighting was really bad and you were completely hammered. You just should have listened to your frineds before you decided to take him/her home. 893whatthe.gif

sign-funnypost.gif