• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Chase?

13 posts in this topic

Unless you like a particular piece of art...why not buy original art from an up & coming artist. I look for unknown artists who are summoned by studios, if anything you can pick up a few pieces in the $200 - $300 range, not a big risk.

. i don,t chase any artist. i buy what i like. and let the chips fall where they may as far as future value.

what or who are you currently buying as for new and up & coming artist ?

larry ;]

If you are going to play a character you must maintain a consistency. The moment you break character the jig is up. EIther you can spell, or you cannot. You should decide which it is. As well, all the silly questions do not match up with a person that purchases modern artists who have just been discovered.

Unless you like a particular piece of art...why not buy original art from an up & coming artist. I look for unknown artists who are summoned by studios, if anything you can pick up a few pieces in the $200 - $300 range, not a big risk.

Krazy question? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Would love to see those, how about posting some images?

lastyle7. give us a few of your modern art purchases. iam curious as to who are the unknown artists your buying. ?

Hey Larry,

I like Marc Wolfe...he is very cool and can draw or paint anything. There are a few others, Mark Scaprio seems very cool as well. I like expensive originals and I seek out those who can reproduce them to a T at a fraction of the cost...don't worry they sign their name on the art. So wouldn't be killer if you have a #1 Ghost Rider Original Cover page reproduce by someone who might be the next Mcfarlane?

I think so....

I don't have a scanner, it's not important...besides the work I purchase is professionally framed and place on the wall. Here's a tip..if you are looking to invest..Sirius satellite this summer should fall below $3.50 a share..maybe hit $3.00 and if it does...back up the truck!

I don't have a scanner, it's not important...besides the work I purchase is professionally framed and place on the wall. Here's a tip..if you are looking to invest..Sirius satellite this summer should fall below $3.50 a share..maybe hit $3.00 and if it does...back up the truck!

Who said anything about investing? Are you Serious?

Anyway, sorry about the scanner thing, how 'bout some digital photos?

Who said anything about investing? Are you Serious?

extremely..

It would be great to pick up a nice piece of art from someone for $200-300 from someone provided they don't offer it to you at that price, and then refuse to sell it to you at that price after you have accepted that offer.

I mean only the lowest of the low would do something like that right?

C

It would be great to pick up a nice piece of art from someone for $200-300 from someone provided they don't offer it to you at that price, and then refuse to sell it to you at that price after you have accepted that offer.

I mean only the lowest of the low would do something like that right?

C

Indeed thumbsup2.gif

I'd like to hear lastyle7's take on practices such as this popcorn.gif