• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Comic-Con 2007 reservations open today at 9:00 AM PST

45 posts in this topic

For those of you that couldn't get a room, don't limit yourself to the convention hotels. There are several Comfort Inns, Quality Inns, and Roadway Inns in San Diego that still have availability during the convention. Nothing fancy, but hey, it's a room, with free breakfast and usually free high-speed internet.

Case in point...the Comfort Inn at the Harbor is 4.5 miles from the Convention Center. They have rooms available with a king-size bed for $115 a night. That's cheaper than any of the convention hotels.

The Comfort Inn at Old Town is about double that price, but is in a very quaint area of San Diego with tons of great restaurants and shops. It's three miles from the convention center, and if you're bringing the family along, it's also only three miles from the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, and Sea World.

There are several others listed at Choice Hotels website...

Choice hotels in SD

For those of you that couldn't get a room, don't limit yourself to the convention hotels. There are several Comfort Inns, Quality Inns, and Roadway Inns in San Diego that still have availability during the convention. Nothing fancy, but hey, it's a room, with free breakfast and usually free high-speed internet.

Case in point...the Comfort Inn at the Harbor is 4.5 miles from the Convention Center. They have rooms available with a king-size bed for $115 a night. That's cheaper than any of the convention hotels.

The Comfort Inn at Old Town is about double that price, but is in a very quaint area of San Diego with tons of great restaurants and shops. It's three miles from the convention center, and if you're bringing the family along, it's also only three miles from the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, and Sea World.

Choice hotels in SD

If you want REALLY cheap, you can go the Chula Vista Motel 6 which is 6.5 miles from the con at about $60 per night. But you can take that little train right from the hotel down to the convention center (so they say, w/one transfer). I tried to get in and book my room through the con site but couldn't get in until everything was sold out (I wanted the Marriott). After that I ended up booking a double bed room at this Chula Vista Motel 6 until I decided on a room with one bed and a cot (going with a pal) at the closer airport/harbour Motel 6. This Motel 6 is 1.8 miles from the con, between the con and the airport, and is $106 per night for a one bed room. Still one bed rooms left when I made my reservation last night. Double bed rooms still available at the Chula Vista Motel 6. Yippee. tongue.gif Hey, it's a room.

Choice hotels in SD

I'd like to add (I've mentioned this before) that you can book a hotel as far away as the Qualcomm Stadium and even further East & use the SD Trolley system. It's easy & convient. The Trolley stops downtown right across the street from the convention center. Some areas along the Trolley line are Old Town & Mission Valley. There is a Trolley about every 20 minutes. thumbsup2.gif

The link below provides a list of just a few.

Hotels near SD Trolley system

The Trolley map shows areas as far East of San Diego as Santee.

San Diego Trolley map

Wondering if it is any better to try to form a CGC forum group to reserve a block of minimum 9 rooms at at time next year for San Diego comic-con 2008? Perhaps then we can jump the online queue ahead of the individual bookings. There must be at least 9 pairs of collectors on this forum who can confirm that they will be at Comic-con next year.

Problems I foresee is some forumites may want Wed to Sunday; others Wed to Monday of Comic-con week. confused-smiley-013.gif