• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woverine 50???

10 posts in this topic

Anyone see the horrendous printing quality on the new ish of Wolverine 50?? The covers of all that I have seen look like King Kong grabbed them. The BW version looks much better than the colored one. Does Marvel realize that all there books have really bad printing quality or do they really care?? I think they need to switch printing companies or change the cover stock because I think their books look horrible always. I can never get Marvel books to send to CGC. I think in the future, people will realize how hard it is to, read scarce, find Marvel CGC 9.8's. I think this will translate to huge price spikes in the next 10-20 years. 893blahblah.giftongue.gif

They don't care about printing quality to the CGC-level. They've stated that they are not in the collectible business. That's not there goal. I think that's really lame considering they have a customer base that wants nice books. But I other things such as shipping on-time, putting up a quality book, no major defects, etc are their "supposed" real concerns.

Frankly, it comes down to cash. If they could find someone who could do a higher quality level, it would probably cost more. And they are not going to do that.

Also, in the scheme of things, the true comic collector probably amounts to an insignificant number of purchases versus the reader.

Pat

For real, how many variants do we need. I stopped buying them. OVERKILL,, AND A $40 VARIANT TURNS INTO A $20 VARIANT IN A FEW MONTHS UNLESS THERE IS SOMETHING REALLY SPECIAL ABOUT IT. Yes, I read the books but I try to buy multiples so I can maybe grade the non readers. With Marvel I don't think they care about the qaulity of their printing. And what about those big inserts they had just put in the books. They already skimp on pages so why those big bulky cardboard MP3 cards or whatever they where to make the reading that much less enjoyable. I don't know, make mine DC!!

Those insert advertisements are horrible on the comics. Makes it tough to read too. I agree, remove 'em.

Shrunken, I totally agree about the variant angle. On the flip side, he'd probably say that he doesn't care what condition the variants are in either and Marvel doesn't set the pricing for those books. But they know darn well that they are a collectible.

Pat

For real, I see shops getting those 50/50 splits like wolvie 50 and sellin the BW for $10 or more when they know it is not a 1 in 10 or better. And Marvel shoul stop the variants if they are not "" in the collectable market"". I want to write or call them so bad about their printing quality but I'm sure it would fall on deaf ears. thanks for the reposts!! thumbsup2.gif