• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,864 posts in this topic

I don't think that Richie Rich & the New Kids on the Block is that scarce. :gossip:lol

Sure about that? He's the only guy I know of who owns one...

It's the only copy I've ever seen. Harder to find then the Flash 106. That's why I keep it secure in the briefcase, then in a safe with guard dogs posted in front.

I don't think that Richie Rich & the New Kids on the Block is that scarce. :gossip:lol

Sure about that? He's the only guy I know of who owns one...

It's the only copy I've ever seen. Harder to find then the Flash 106. That's why I keep it secure in the briefcase, then in a safe with guard dogs posted in front.

Really? I can't imagine a late Copper book being scarce. (shrug)

Well, the 9.0 sold for over 8K and there are only 12 at that grade and above. The last one sold for 1315.00 and you would think that is either his buy or he paid something near that. If you go to him direct you should be able to get it for 1600.00. What would you pay?

Well, the 9.0 sold for over 8K and there are only 12 at that grade and above. The last one sold for 1315.00 and you would think that is either his buy or he paid something near that. If you go to him direct you should be able to get it for 1600.00. What would you pay?

That book is comparable to a Spidey #2 but much rarer. If I were an avid Flash collector, I would click to OWN that book. :devil:

That book is comparable to a Spidey #2 but much rarer. If I were an avid Flash collector, I would click to OWN that book. :devil:

If it were an 8.5 I would. I just couldn't get myself to pay up for the 9.0. There are so many good books to be had at that price.

If it were an 8.5 I would. I just couldn't get myself to pay up for the 9.0. There are so many good books to be had at that price.

Well...I always try and buy the book not the label. That book looks super and I can only imagine what the insides smell like... :cloud9:

But that's just me.

Well...I always try and buy the book not the label. That book looks super and I can only imagine what the insides smell like... :cloud9:

But that's just me.

Sharp looking copy! And the PQ is ow/w. The whiter the pages...the less smell. lol

I was thinking about the 116 in 9.6 that Doug auctioned off and was blown away by how well it did. Then the inevitable ponderings on whether it was pressed or not came in my mind tonight. So I took a look and found a mystery.

That it was pressed is not in doubt. But my question is where is the missing book.

On Aug. 30th there were 0- 9.6, 3- 9.4, 2-9.2. In December we now have 1-9.6, 2-9.2, but only 1-9.4. So one 9.4 was squashed into a 9.6. Where is the other one. The only other addition was an 8.5. Is that the missing copy? That would be a huge downgrade and loss.

I was thinking about the 116 in 9.6 that Doug auctioned off and was blown away by how well it did. Then the inevitable ponderings on whether it was pressed or not came in my mind tonight. So I took a look and found a mystery.

That it was pressed is not in doubt. But my question is where is the missing book.

On Aug. 30th there were 0- 9.6, 3- 9.4, 2-9.2. In December we now have 1-9.6, 2-9.2, but only 1-9.4. So one 9.4 was squashed into a 9.6. Where is the other one. The only other addition was an 8.5. Is that the missing copy? That would be a huge downgrade and loss.

Maybe there were only ever 2 9.4 copies, and it took some time for the paperwork to catch up with the reality.

Maybe there were only ever 2 9.4 copies, and it took some time for the paperwork to catch up with the reality.

I don't understand this. If someone did the crack/press/resub scenario, why would they turn in the old label with the resub ? They probably wouldn't, so how would CGC know to adjust the census ?

I don't understand this. If someone did the crack/press/resub scenario, why would they turn in the old label with the resub ? They probably wouldn't, so how would CGC know to adjust the census ?

It's quite possible that a previous 9.4 was cracked/freed from the slab,and never removed from the census,and might have graded only a 9.2,stayed a 9.4,or never was re-subbed at all..Then much later,the label was returned.....

I just mailed 15 CGC labels to them with a batch of books being slabbed,none of the labels went originally with any of the books in the batch,ALL were 9.0-9.4's from previous rusubs...not all went UP in grade... :gossip:

Edited by kryptospidey

Well for sure the number of 9.8s has exploded in the early issues since 2007. I had the earliest at 145 in 2007. Since then we have added a 116, 124,129,138,140.

I know the 116 and 140 were press/resubs. I'm not sure about the rest.

For all you Flash fanatics.

Did anyone catch the The Big Bang Theory last night. It was the final show of the season, the episode was called The Justice League Recombination?

There was a neat sequence with Sheldon as the Flash, running at super-speed to the Grand Canyon and back to the apartment he shares with Leonard.

Very cool.

For all you Flash fanatics.

Did anyone catch the The Big Bang Theory last night. It was the final show of the season, the episode was called The Justice League Recombination?

There was a neat sequence with Sheldon as the Flash, running at super-speed to the Grand Canyon and back to the apartment he shares with Leonard.

Very cool.

The show is over after December?! No new episodes after the Christmas holidays? :ohnoez: