• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

Big Apple

An example of a great Flash cover!

Flash150_zps61984cbe.jpg

Really deep green on that cover, and it features one of my favorite Flash foes, Captain Cold. :cloud9::cloud9: Plus I'm partial to the covers that show the Flash in motion. :headbang:

I purchased this at Wonder-Con this year, because I loved the colors. I also love those Flash in motion covers and 150 also features Captain Cold, a villain I really like.

Here are some more issues of Flash. I already posted them in the 10 cent thread, but that was before I discovered the Flash thread. I guess I should have searched a bit before posting them somewhere else.

showcase13_zpse3b90015.jpg

flash121_zpsb64273b5.jpg

flash116_zpsc2ac1e7b.jpg

flash111_zps00ae9a17.jpg

Flash145_zpsbeb04704.jpg

One of my top five covers. :luhv:

I still remember how electrifying I found that cover when I first saw it on the magazine stand at the News Depot on Dundas Street in downtown London one Saturday afternoon in early 1964. Memories like that are why I still love and collect comics today.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

Here are some more issues of Flash. I already posted them in the 10 cent thread, but that was before I discovered the Flash thread.

flash111_zps00ae9a17.jpg

flash121_zpsb64273b5.jpg

Well I said it there but I'll say it again. I envy those copies of #111 and #121. They're fabulous!

How long have you had them? Where did you buy them?

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Flash145_zpsbeb04704.jpg

One of my top five covers. :luhv:

I still remember how electrifying I found that cover when I first saw it on the magazine stand at the News Depot on Dundas Street in downtown London one Saturday afternoon in early 1964. Memories like that are why I still love and collect comics today.

Wow, I wasn't even born yet! Cool memories to have. I remember picking up translations of Green Lantern, Batman, Spider-man and the Avengers in the mid to late 70's when I was a kid....

Here are some more issues of Flash. I already posted them in the 10 cent thread, but that was before I discovered the Flash thread.

flash111_zps00ae9a17.jpg

flash121_zpsb64273b5.jpg

Well I said it there but I'll say it again. I envy those copies of #111 and #121. They're fabulous!

How long have you had them? Where did you buy them?

;)

Thanks a lot. I sold nearly my entire collection in 2001 and 2002. I started to really regret my foolishness around 2005 and starting buying again. Those 2 copies of Flash were among the first books I purchased back then, because along with my original art and my Ditko Spidey's, Infantino's Flash comics were the things I regretted the most.

I bought them at the 2005 San Diego Comic-Con. I do not remember from whom I purchased the 111, but I got 121 from Harley Yee. That was around the time when those slabbed high grade copies of Flash went for a lot of money, so I went for a mid grade 111 that was not to expensive. I remember paying around $300 for the 121 though.

You are posting a lot of great looking DC books, did you purchase them when you were a kid (one that took care of his books, unlike most kids back then) or did you buy them later on?

Edited by gojira

I bought them at the 2005 San Diego Comic-Con. I do not remember from whom I purchased the 111, but I got 121 from Harley Yee.

Hah! I was wondering whether it may have been from Harley! I had looked through a pile of high grade DCs he had purchased locally in 2005 and I couldn't afford all the ones that tempted me so the #121 (and a #123) were among the ones I passed upon. Really nice looking copies, but with an annoying touch of spine wear. I've not seen better copies since though....

You are posting a lot of great looking DC books....

The ones I've been posting in the Ten Cent thread are ones I've posted already in the appropriate threads in the past two years. If you look around, you'll find hundreds and hundreds more of my scans.

...did you purchase them when you were a kid (one that took care of his books, unlike most kids back then) or did you buy them later on?

I did take care of my comics when I was a kid. I used to yell at my friends not to fold the covers over when they read my comics because doing that wrecked them!

Unfortunately, I ended up selling all my comics myself to a used book store in late 1965 because I'd moved onto other interests - Drag Cartoons, Creepy and Eerie magazines, monster models, slot cars and gas powered Cox airplanes to be precise. All the scans you see me posting are of comics I've rebought since 1979 or so.

Here though are a few writeups I've posted on the comics I read and collected as a kid:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=6685442&Searchpage=1&Main=222877&Words=Dinky+Hepcat&topic=0&Search=true#Post6685442

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6685442&fpart=34

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=6156445&Searchpage=1&Main=278021&Words=Davis+Hepcat&topic=0&Search=true#Post6156445

Edited by Hepcat

After I close on a deal for a 105 tomorrow night, I will post a scan in the forum. I have 2 copies of Showcase 4 that are posted in that thread. Hands down, my favorite character of all time.

:news:

It might be fun to do in this thread what the Brave and Bold thread did recently (thanks to Silver) Let's see if we can list all of the Flash books from 105 to 175, perhaps more if there is interest. Of course if someone does have Showcase #4, feel free to start the ball rolling. :popcorn: I will have to wait until #108, as that is my earliest.

the_flash_105.jpg

I don't seem to have a more recent pic ... I got it de-PLODed a while ago.

GREAT, way to start this going Speedy-D. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

If others have the first few books, Showcase 4, Flash 105-107 let's see em.

Edited by frozentundraguy

I bought them at the 2005 San Diego Comic-Con. I do not remember from whom I purchased the 111, but I got 121 from Harley Yee.

Hah! I was wondering whether it may have been from Harley! I had looked through a pile of high grade DCs he had purchased locally in 2005 and I couldn't afford all the ones that tempted me so the #121 (and a #123) were among the ones I passed upon. Really nice looking copies, but with an annoying touch of spine wear. I've not seen better copies since though....

You are posting a lot of great looking DC books....

The ones I've been posting in the Ten Cent thread are ones I've posted already in the appropriate threads in the past two years. If you look around, you'll find hundreds and hundreds more of my scans.

...did you purchase them when you were a kid (one that took care of his books, unlike most kids back then) or did you buy them later on?

I did take care of my comics when I was a kid. I used to yell at my friends not to fold the covers over when they read my comics because doing that wrecked them!

Unfortunately, I ended up selling all my comics myself to a used book store in late 1965 because I'd moved onto other interests - Drag Cartoons, Creepy and Eerie magazines, monster models, slot cars and gas powered Cox airplanes to be precise. All the scans you see me posting are of comics I've rebought since 1979 or so.

Here though are a few writeups I've posted on the comics I read and collected as a kid:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=6685442&Searchpage=1&Main=222877&Words=Dinky+Hepcat&topic=0&Search=true#Post6685442

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6685442&fpart=34

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=6156445&Searchpage=1&Main=278021&Words=Davis+Hepcat&topic=0&Search=true#Post6156445

The 121 was not cheap, but I don't regret buying it!

I think we all moved on to something else around the time we hit puberty.

I started to buy comics again in the early 90's.

Here though are a few writeups I've posted on the comics I read and collected as a kid

It's really cool that you remember the what issues you did buy and read back then, I remember only some stories I loved back then. Cool memories!!