• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,888 posts in this topic

I can throw a little fuel on the fire. The Flash has a special place in my heart (along with many DC characters).

F105FC-1.jpg

F105FC.jpg

Nice copies! I favor the 6.5 though, even with the cream to ow pages.

....I wonder why it's so nice..... what the flaw is ? ..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hello folks -- any chance anyone here would be willing to make a high-res scan (TIFF 300-600 dpi) of FLASH #155 page 20 (a great splash where Flash takes out all the rogues at once)?

Need it for a book connected to a PBS documentary on superheroes.

Don't want to derail this thread, so please let me know at ic@ghostlightfilms.net. (I've also posted a few other requests around the forums.)

Thanks in advance.

Need it for a book connected to a PBS documentary on superheroes.

How is it that you know you want these particular scans even though you don't seem to have access to the comics in which they're contained? How many scans are going to be in your book? How many of these scans will you be taking from your own collection? Or do you not collect comics?

You've never posted about anything before on this board. Do you therefore actually have any interest in comics, or have you just been hired to write this book?

???

Edited by Hepcat

901.jpg

Glossy book, the blotches in the red are from my scanner. I picked this copy of raw last fall from a comic shop and submitted it.

It's so sad. I keep returning to look at this fabulous comic, so recently free - and now entombed in plastic like so many others. How could you?

:(

I'm a huge fan and former writer/editor of comics. Our researchers had access to low-res images (you can find a lot of those around), but these aren't usable for our purposes. Of the hundreds of images in the book, my personal collection is probably providing about 100 images and publishers are providing most of the others. We're asking this community to help out on the several dozen images we lack the resources to buy.

Hope that helps.

FLASH110CGC7_zps1b6605e4.jpg

To keep the theme going, here is my next in line. Who has 111?

Sharp copy of the 110 and the Flash is in motion again. :applause:

Backing up for just a moment here's my copy of #108.

While not a HG copy, this book did not even cost me a dime. I was able to trade a long box of modern comics for this

book, perhaps 10 to 12 years ago. Best of all the long box was a gift, and I checked with the presenter, before making the trade to ensure there would be no hard feelings.

FLSHX_108_zps2ff422fd.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

FLASH110CGC7_zps1b6605e4.jpg

Sharp copy of the 110 and the Flash is in motion again. :applause:

Backing up for just a moment here's my copy of #108.

While not a HG copy, this book did not even cost me a dime. I was able to trade a long box of modern comics for this

book, perhaps 10 to 12 years ago. Best of all the long box was a gift, and I checked with the presenter, before making the trade to ensure there would be no hard feelings.

FLSHX_108_zps2ff422fd.jpg

Nice copy, Dale of a tough book. I've been looking for one for a long time.

SLR

Before we leave #110, here's a scan of mine:

Flash110.jpg

:cool:

Excellent as usual Hepcat. :applause:

It's interesting that this book has a small hint of the awestruck/panicking civilians in the background, somewhat reminiscent of the Marvel pre-hero books.

Second call for #111. :whistle: I will have to wait until #116 before I can assist again. :sorry:

On the 112, did you ever wonder if Infantino didn't draw the Flash figure? It's pretty clumsy for him.

Infantino might have been providing a hint at things yet to come, as in say issue 115. hm

lol

Been looking for a nice copy of this book forever....

lfCAHKRS9D.jpg

Great book. I was close to bidding for it, but after splurging the last month on comics, I had to back off. Congrats on the tough book!