• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,848 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

We are now up to page 103 of this thread. I would like to start making plans for when we get to 105 and make it a special page! I would like to think I would have a 105 by then but it's iffy at best. So you may be called upon to share. Looking forward to it!

i helped you so you have to get that 105 sooner one i have never owned (thumbsu

On 1/16/2019 at 6:37 PM, flashlites said:

We are now up to page 103 of this thread. I would like to start making plans for when we get to 105 and make it a special page! I would like to think I would have a 105 by then but it's iffy at best. So you may be called upon to share. Looking forward to it!

Better get ready then...

6f390bb526c3e9071f152e389724f1da.jpg

54 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Notice anything missing from the very early CGC label

image.thumb.png.0817edd570e4a585511057259ce6db42.png

Missing the page quality designation?

I liked the inclusion of the nomenclature grade designations (i.e VF, VF+, NM, etc.) that were on the older labels but no longer used on newer labels

image.png

3 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Missing the page quality designation?

I liked the inclusion of the nomenclature grade designations (i.e VF, VF+, NM, etc.) that were on the older labels but no longer used on newer labels

Yes and Yes. They added the PQ soon thereafter. It's funny now but there was a learning curve for collectors to go a strictly numeric system. 

On 1/18/2019 at 5:35 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes and Yes. They added the PQ soon thereafter. It's funny now but there was a learning curve for collectors to go a strictly numeric system. 

Its kinda strange to see so little on the label. No artists or story info either.

anyone thats an Omibus collector, or wanting to read collected version of the early silver agge, right before Christmas we finally got a re-release of the Silver Age Vol 1 Omnibus with a new cover to match Vol 2 and Vol 3. Collects all 4 Showcase appearances and #105-132

51OhKlcoLKL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Silver-Age-Omnibus-Vol/dp/1401290752