• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,848 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, flashlites said:

My run update... with my 123, a #115 on the way and rechecking the old list, I am down to just 72 issues to complete the 105-350 run. (: Here's a scan of page one of the 'old list', its been in my back pocket for 4 conventions and countless trips to comic shops in at least 4 different cities over the last 5 years. Finding it hard to believe I was finally able to check that 123 box!

Flash check list.jpg

Now that's true dedication indeed‼️(thumbsu

Part 1

Here's a Flash collectors topic for the CGC guys. I love this forum and next month I've finally decided to take the plunge and send my Flash #3 off to be graded and finally entombed lol!(encapsulated). This will be first time going through the process. I am a bit nervous. I'd much rather take them to a convention in person and kind of be there when they do it. Sadly as I understand it CGC did not do well once here in San Antonio and are unlikely to ever return. (CGC if your listening things are much better we have a huge convention now I believe the last figures were over 150,000! Stan Lee came out 3 years in a row! We had Arnold Schwarznegger and Jim Lee last year! Anyway I hope one day you will reconsider.) I was against the practice when I first heard of it, thinking you'd never get to read them again! But as I realize now most of these I've only dared to read once anyway, their preservation is really the most important thing. I've always been extremely conscience of preservation since the first articles in the OPG on the subject came out in the 70's. So I will start with the Golden Age stuff.

Here's part 2

I checked the Registry and there are some 265 SA Flash sets registered. Nearly all incomplete. The reason I imagine is because all books have to go through the process. For a collector on a pretty limited budget its kind of unsettling. I would love for my run, when complete, to be recognized some how. But its unlikely given the cost to do all 245 books. Spending $20 or more to register say a $5 copy of Flash 340 seems, well not likely in my case. It may be a mission of mine once I finish the run. But I will have to wait and see. What are your thoughts on the Registry?

9 hours ago, flashlites said:

Just FYI, my local comic shop has a CGC 123 cover. If anyone has a coverless 123 out there and wants to put the two together let me know and I can give you the info. Or if you just want the cover...

flashlites, I've been a boardie for more than 14 years and want to commend you for your passion and what I call "true comic book collector's interest" in the hobby. I hope you stick around for along time on these boards. It's always wonderful to read posts like yours instead of those from the "comics are commodities" people. 

Best!

john

2 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

flashlites, I've been a boardie for more than 14 years and want to commend you for your passion and what I call "true comic book collector's interest" in the hobby. I hope you stick around for along time on these boards. It's always wonderful to read posts like yours instead of those from the "comics are commodities" people. 

Best!

john

Thanks John! This has been a blast finding this forum! I get to chat with the greatest Flash collectors of all time! I was always the only Flash collector I ever knew! Lol! I've learned so much here. You wouldn't happen to have one last Flash 113 to share before we move on to 114? hm

29 minutes ago, flashlites said:

Thanks John! This has been a blast finding this forum! I get to chat with the greatest Flash collectors of all time! I was always the only Flash collector I ever knew! Lol! I've learned so much here. You wouldn't happen to have one last Flash 113 to share before we move on to 114? hm

Don't have copies of those but I'm sure you'll figure this out 😂 

Anyhow, keep up the great work!

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

I believe we get the results tonight for the March Madness contest. One thing I learned last year was that I tend to grade too tight. This year I plan to back through my Flash collection and re grade everything. 

I think the contest is being delayed because the books are not through CGC yet.