• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon Saturday February 10

283 posts in this topic

For this first one, we're just going to have ONE SHARED THREAD. One POST per Thread by each seller.

You're welcome to start your own concurrent thread, of course.

The main idea is to just try and get people together at one pre-specified time and date.

We have a LOT of ideas for how this convention can be structured (believe me)... but that's for a later Convention. Right now, the focus is just on getting it started. Fair enough?

(More ideas are encouraged, however. thumbsup2.gif )

Sorry I guess I got confused by FlyingDonut's response to cd4ever.

CD4EVER:

Will it all be in one thread or will each seller have their own thread?

FLYINGDONUT:

Each seller will have their own thread. thumbsup2.gif Guidelines forthcoming.

For this first one, we're just going to have ONE SHARED THREAD. One POST per Thread by each seller.

You're welcome to start your own concurrent thread, of course.

The main idea is to just try and get people together at one pre-specified time and date.

We have a LOT of ideas for how this convention can be structured (believe me)... but that's for a later Convention. Right now, the focus is just on getting it started. Fair enough?

(More ideas are encouraged, however. thumbsup2.gif )

Sorry I guess I got confused by FlyingDonut's response to cd4ever.

CD4EVER:

Will it all be in one thread or will each seller have their own thread?

FLYINGDONUT:

Each seller will have their own thread. thumbsup2.gif Guidelines forthcoming.

Like I said, we're playing it by ear, and there may be contradictory advice. Once we do the Guidelines post, that'll be the way we're going. We're still working things out at the back end.

oK So I've got a small logo all done up and will be scanning books all evening Friday. This is exciting. I like the idea I'll be able to buy and sell at the same time in this virtual 'con, because it's fairly hard to do that at a real one!

w00t!

Here are the guidelines we're going to follow for this first effort:

1) One thread

2) One post per person within the thread, for a single "booth" for a seller.

3) Starts at 7 PM EST, goes until midnight EST. Sellers can "close" their booths early if they want, but NO PRESHOW SELLING of items in your booth.

4) All sales must be honored.

5) Books for sale in the Virtual Comicon can ONLY be in that thread, no place else

6) Either a thumbnail or a link to a book, not large scans.

7) Responses only through PMs, NOT "I'll take it" signs. Seller is responsible for updating his/her own post.

8) Other sales threads are welcome and encouraged, but only one post per person within the thread to start with.

9) "Booths" can be updated throughout the event by sellers, but ONLY within their own post.

10) NO limit on the length of the post - you can have 10,000 items in there, if you so desire

11) Absolutely NO discrimination against whoever wants to post items. Anybody who wants to post, please do so.

12) We'd prefer that people set up their "booths" ahead of time, so everybody knows who is in the Comicon.

13) You can sell anything even remotely comic related. Books, toys, games, whatever. This is a comic show. The last time I went to a comic show where there were no toys for sale was about 1980.

14) Off-topic posts ( takeit.gif, acclaim.gifcloud9.gifmakepoint.gifsign-offtopic.gif, Greggy's shorts are too short) within the Shared Thread will be PMed to delete their post to keep the thread clean.

15) "Moderators" for this event are myself, sckao, Jimm94, and Comicwiz. Please address all questions/concerns to one of us. I'll be the Ringmaster for the opening, Shin will be taking over after about 715 EST, and then I'll be back after dinner with the neighbors.

We will be making a NEW THREAD for the convention. This is just the FAQ thread. I'll start that thread tonight, please post into that one with your booth, NOT THIS ONE.

Here are the guidelines we're going to follow for this first effort:

1) One thread

2) One post per person within the thread, for a single "booth" for a seller.

3) Starts at 7 PM EST, goes until midnight EST. Sellers can "close" their booths early if they want, but NO PRESHOW SELLING of items in your booth.

4) All sales must be honored.

5) Books for sale in the Virtual Comicon can ONLY be in that thread, no place else

6) Either a thumbnail or a link to a book, not large scans.

7) Responses only through PMs, NOT "I'll take it" signs. Seller is responsible for updating his/her own post.

8) Other sales threads are welcome and encouraged, but only one post per person within the thread to start with.

9) "Booths" can be updated throughout the event by sellers, but ONLY within their own post.

10) NO limit on the length of the post - you can have 10,000 items in there, if you so desire

11) Absolutely NO discrimination against whoever wants to post items. Anybody who wants to post, please do so.

12) We'd prefer that people set up their "booths" ahead of time, so everybody knows who is in the Comicon.

13) You can sell anything even remotely comic related. Books, toys, games, whatever. This is a comic show. The last time I went to a comic show where there were no toys for sale was about 1980.

14) Off-topic posts ( takeit.gif, acclaim.gifcloud9.gifmakepoint.gifsign-offtopic.gif, Greggy's shorts are too short) within the Shared Thread will be PMed to delete their post to keep the thread clean.

15) "Moderators" for this event are myself, sckao, Jimm94, and Comicwiz. Please address all questions/concerns to one of us. I'll be the Ringmaster for the opening, Shin will be taking over after about 715 EST, and then I'll be back after dinner with the neighbors.

We will be making a NEW THREAD for the convention. This is just the FAQ thread. I'll start that thread tonight, please post into that one with your booth, NOT THIS ONE.

Suggestion: Multiple threads. One giant thread will be too much to wade through.

Theads could be

GA Superhero

GA Other

SA Marvel

SA DC

SA Other

BA Marvel

BA DC

BA Other

CA Marvel

CA DC

CA Other

Modern Marvel

Modern DC

Modern Other

Another option would be to break up the threads for CGC versus non-CGC

GA CGC

GA raw

SA CGC

SA raw

BA CGC

etc.

At very least we could make four threads

GA

SA

BA

CA & Moderns

CycleGirl

actually, there's a problem.....there IS A LIMIT on what you can post into a response....(ie the if you want to post 10,000 items go for it comment) so this is flawed...If items exceed the post limit a seller must make more posts. How do you propose we handle?

actually, there's a problem.....there IS A LIMIT on what you can post into a response....(ie the if you want to post 10,000 items go for it comment) so this is flawed...If items exceed the post limit a seller must make more posts. How do you propose we handle?

What limit aside from time is there to editing one's 'booth'?

Is there a limit to the times one can edit?

edit

edit

Please note that this is the first one and we are just testing the concept. Believe me, everything you have noted has already been discussed. For now, we're going to keep it as simple as possible. If we can make this work successfully on a small scale, we can talk about its evolution in the future.

Think of it as a proof of concept. thumbsup2.gif

So baby steps...

What limit aside from time is there to editing one's 'booth'?

Is there a limit to the times one can edit?

edit

edit

I'm looking up to see if there is a post size limitation. I certainly don't expect people to list 10,000 comics... but maybe if you sell them by the LOT, you can cut down on the length of your post.

Let's keep in mind that there are a lot of sellers and that if you post an excessively long post, people may not appreciate that.

I think you can edit your posts continuously.. and are encouraged to do so DURING the con to indicate sold books (or to remove the sold books and replace them with something else.)

I don't think there's a limit on the NUMBER of times you can edit a post.. I've certainly seen it done more than a dozen times on a single post.

Are NeatStuffCollectibles and ShowcaseNewEngland going to have booths? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif
Or DTA Collectibles?

One of my faves! 893applaud-thumb.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Don't forget SAMCO! Although their auctions aren't as pervasive and annoying as the other three.

Maybe the difference being I've bought good stuff from Neat Stuff and Showcase but never DTA. I won't rule it out, but then I might win the lotto too.