• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we know who the member's of the registry are?

105 posts in this topic

I just started my CGC registry and tomorrow I will be adding most of my books!!!

I think this registry idea is awesome because it bring all of us together in the hobby to show off what we all have, and a little healthy competition is also fun.

I actually have most of my ASM 200-300 issues unslapped, so when I get my latest batch of CGC books back I will send like 65 issues to be graded. They are all a mininum of 9.6 and some 9.8's. I cant wait!!!

I'm #22. I just recently started posting on the boards so not too many members

know me. Most of my books are from my personal collection, mostly SA and some BA with a little Modern. I just like comic books.

I have the #1 Wonder Woman set but don't get too many points for it. I really enjoy the registry but if I have one complaint it's that the Registry is too grade oriented. IMHO they do not give points for rarity. By rarity, I would include the number of books in census, highest graded, double cover, etc.

Though not a complaint, I wish it was easier to get a title added to the registry.

Gemma, who is simply the best, is way backed up. I think we should have a voluntary moratorium and give her a chance to catch up !

cool thread...I am in the low 80's some where. It seems to be a very active area with lots of movement. I have been using this registry for an insurance policy item. My insurance agent can actually see the books I own and their "value" in terms he may be able to understand better tshn me giving him an excel sheet.

I do know one person from these boards that claims to have the top graded copy of Superman from #5 - up. I have sold him a few 9.8 copies. He is not registered and I can not imagine what the point tally would be. I would just like to see the pics of the books!!

I know another person that only puts books from a certain genre in his registry, he has some really high point books that he just does not register.