• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What can you tell me about this book?

16 posts in this topic

I have this book which I bought because I liked the look of the cover. But I don't know a dern thing about it. Herobear and the Kid #1 Special Edition. It's from 2001 but it's not in Overstreet. Anyone help me out here? Not a great scan but you get the picture... Thanks.

scan0005.jpg

thanks to all... it just ain't there.

i've never been the above website before. how are the $ in each column determined? by sales figures or estimates? and, i'm assuming the CGC column is for either sales or estimates of books slabbed vs. raw.

Herobear & the Kid was one of my favs.

I looked in the last 4 Overstreets and it was never listed.

Is this a reprint? I picked up the originals when they came out and that cover doesn't look familiar.

I might be interested if you are looking to sell it.

Pat

I have this book which I bought because I liked the look of the cover. But I don't know a dern thing about it. Herobear and the Kid #1 Special Edition. It's from 2001 but it's not in Overstreet. Anyone help me out here? Not a great scan but you get the picture... Thanks.

scan0005.jpg

This is the San Diego Comicon spedial edition of #1 to Herobear and the Kid. I don't think it's listed in Overstreet, but was a 5 issue mini series put out by Astonish Factory. All 5 issues have also been collected into a single TPB, both hard cover and softcover.

#1 has several versions: Special Edition (price is falling), First print (only issue worth any money, and probably worth $10-20), and Second and subsequent printings.

#2 has 3 versions: First print, Second print (drawn by Kunkel's kid), and Third and subsequent printings.

#3 has 2 versions, first print and second and subsequent printings.

#4 and #5, I think, have only had one printing.

#1 First Print:

th_9412.jpg

#4 First Print:

th_9202.jpg

#5 First Print:

th_asm119.jpg

Sorry, I don't have scans of the others uploaded. Let me know if you have more questions.

"thanks to all... it just ain't there.

i've never been the above website before. how are the $ in each column determined? by sales figures or estimates? and, i'm assuming the CGC column is for either sales or estimates of books slabbed vs. raw."

comicspriceguide.com prices are entirely imaginary. i wish they were real, i'd be able to retire.

"thanks to all... it just ain't there.

i've never been the above website before. how are the $ in each column determined? by sales figures or estimates? and, i'm assuming the CGC column is for either sales or estimates of books slabbed vs. raw."

comicspriceguide.com prices are entirely imaginary. i wish they were real, i'd be able to retire.

dern.