• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

METROPOLIS COMICS?

59 posts in this topic

Was looking at filling some holes in my Daredevil run. Metropolis has a pretty good selection. Anyone ever deal with them? How's there grading and service? Thanks for any info.

drx

They are pretty good. Frank at customer service is pretty helpful...As far as grading, that remains to be seen...I won't be receiving my books until after I move to Texas & get a new mailing addy

Was looking at filling some holes in my Daredevil run. Metropolis has a pretty good selection. Anyone ever deal with them? How's there grading and service? Thanks for any info.

drx

They are perhaps the finest people ever to grace the planet Earth.

S

Gee, THAT wasn't biased... 27_laughing.gif... popcorn.gif

I've recently bought about 25 really, really nice Our Army at War and Sgt. Rock books from them, all listed as 9.4 and 9.6. Overall, the grading was very close (up or down .2 of a grade). And Frank's customer service was fantastic. Many of the books will be slabbed, and I fully expect them to come back 9.4

The depth of their selection is remarkable and the website is updated constantly.

So... give them an order and see.

Shep

Frank is SUPER helpful! Vinnie is a cool dude too. Great staff Steve! I've bought from Metro for 11+ years now...they have the most amazing and consistant inventory of vintage and rare books...their grading is usually about 1/2 grade (at most) apart from mine....I have been to their showroom too in NYC...great vault!

drx

They are perhaps the finest people ever to grace the planet Earth.

S

27_laughing.gif I have bought some books from them. As a matter of fact, they should be shipping me out a book any day now. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I asked for a scan, and Frank was kind enough to send both the front and back cover. I would recommend them.

Mike

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend buying books from them too. Impressive selection of books with a number of different grades to choose from, excellent customer service, really helpful time payments, and a 7 day refund. Just ask about every detail of the book and see if it is what you wanted.

I don't know. I've attempted to buy from them twice. First transaction I called in my order, was told the books were still availible and then a week later I was told they were sold to someone else. Second time I called in my order, books were shipped (to the correct address) but never arrived (lost in Fed Ex land someplace).

But Vinnie puts on a good weekly radio show that I enjoy listening to. thumbsup2.gif

I've been able to pick up some very tough to find high grade Marvel Pictureframe books from Metropolis....books I have never seen anyone else offer for sale in four years of looking.

They are indeed the 800 lb gorilla of the hobby.

Compared to Heritage, which is more the 800 lb. press machine of the hobby.

And some comic dealers I know are...well...just 800 lbs.