• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Grade my GS X-Men 1

10 posts in this topic

Okay, so I'm gonna sell this off in the next couple days - but I really suck at grading the square-bound issues, so I will be listing this after I get some feedback from you guys.

Please see below links.

Pages are off-white, and yes, that is a small tear on the lower spine, there is also a faint date stamp that you can see near the top of the front cover as well. The only other thing I can see with this issue - like many of the insideous, spiteful square-bounds - the spine is somewhat wavy and not completely flat.

I grade this one as a F-, what do you guys think?

Giant Size X-Men 1 Front

Giant Size X-Men 1 back

Thanks!!!

Since it is a square-bound, the spine stresses differently, but it is not as good as it looks in the scan - there are probably 8-10 1/8 inch stresses along the spine.

Dammit! I hate these books!

You'd be surprised by how little the GS books are submitted, many haven't been graded very high. Although GS X-men 1 has quite a few submissions, for obvious reasons.

Since it is a square-bound, the spine stresses differently, but it is not as good as it looks in the scan - there are probably 8-10 1/8 inch stresses along the spine.

Dammit! I hate these books!

Ok, in that case I'll go 7.5. grin.gif

I have a CGC graded copy of that book that got a 6.5 and IMO it looks better then yours. I don't think you were far off on your Fine- grade. It could be a 6.0, but I don't think CGC would grade it higher then that.