• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Collecting Software

63 posts in this topic

I actually designed my own DB and inventory system (I do this stuff for a living). Everything was down on paper -- DB design, features, etc. I owned a copy of ComicBase Pro (forget the version) and found it to be very cumbersome if you didn't want to use their specific information. In fact I successfully crashed the program many time while importing data (thanks to Peter for making patches quickly). However, it was just too much.

I DL'd Collectorz since it had a free demo and I was very impressed. It most of the things that I had in my design plus some thing I didn't. I was very customizable (want to grade you books -- no problem, you can add as many grades as you want, I have all of the CGC grades, restored grades and raw grades) and you can do a little or as much as you want. Data entry is a snap -- I added 4500 books in about 2 hours when I first got it. Now that they've added an online DB you can update you new books in no time.

Anyway, for my money I'm 100% onboard with Collectorz.

Anyway, for my money I'm 100% onboard with Collectorz.

Yep, that is what I decided as well after weighing all the available options. I also just found out this AM that you can change the images out and make them as big or as small as you want to. I am going to start with the online images and evetually add my own. The stock images are approximately 258X400 px and I like around 390X600 px. But for quickly adding comics it's great. And I like the export to web page option (so cooool). It actually creates manuverable web page of your database so you can just scroll through it by point and click if you want to show it off to someone. headbang.gif