• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Collecting Software

63 posts in this topic

I would suggest you look at Comicbase.com, in a few months (maybe sooner) I think they will become the big (even bigger) name in comic book software (think CPG & software combined).
Comicbase is awsome, however I find it hard to use, I am just not use to it.

I'm currently using Comicbase which i find is great especially with all the scans of covers they have for the majority of the books listed. Plus the data update is fairly easy too...giving updates in prices, issues etc etc

I would suggest you look at Comicbase.com, in a few months (maybe sooner) I think they will become the big (even bigger) name in comic book software (think CPG & software combined, especially if you want to sell and buy).

I wish they had an evaluation copy for download... it looks good but I am concerned after a year goes by how much cost to update the database in the software? Any ideas?

I'm currently using Comicbase which i find is great especially with all the scans of covers they have for the majority of the books listed. Plus the data update is fairly easy too...giving updates in prices, issues etc etc

How much is the database updates when the freebie runs out after a year?

I personally don't recommend ComicBase...had it for two years...not friendly in terms of data entry...they may have changed, but I ain't going to spend $$$ on it to see if they have turned over a new leaf. Their pricing db isn't OSPG...so useless imho. Overstreet is missing the boat by not providing their pricing as an add in to online comic systems.

Although probably less flashy, Realms of Wonder provides integration with the Grand Comic Database to lessen typing. Cool stuff--check it out. Here's a pic of what the program did by querying each issue and retrieving the info found at GCD. I did zero typing for this. Heck, it even downloaded GCD's images for the issues to boot. BTW, they have a demo version for you to get a feel. Worth a look.

1637869-row.JPG

For those with MACs, try Comics 2.0.2

1637869-row.JPG.7a018b531a1cfb15cdfe8bcfca8cd021.JPG

I do too. I'm an electrician. But I still have time for my books. (and my wife yay.gif) 27_laughing.gif

Not sure if that is a good thing for your wife or not, 27_laughing.gif but Comicbase is way pricey and they screw you unless you buy the professional version. Not sure if I want to go this route or stick with the less pricey and more features of the collectorz.