• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Collecting Software

63 posts in this topic

Does anyone have an idea where to get comic collecting software to keep track of your collection inventory? Anyone have a recommendation?

Most think Excel is sufficient, although I wouldn't mind something a little more tailored for comics, with things like smething that automatically provides info from databases like GPA, OS, CGC census and Gerber.

I use Excel. I started way back in the Works day and then got Office. I plug in the following data:

1. Title (of course) and below that as individual columns=

2. Number

3. Year

4. Condition

5. Value/Year

Right now, I can go back to 1993.

My complaints are that it's tough for me to compile a total value to the collection by the way I lay it out. What I would like to be able to do is create sub-folders. In that, I could click on, let's say, Action Comics and open the file that contained all of my Action comics. Back where I clicked on said title, I wouldn't mind having just the amount of books in that title and total value of that title. It would save space going through the collection. I've tried the "links" but it doesn't work out the way I envision. Oh, and I use Office 97 so it's getting dated.

Having images like on Collecterz seems great. Does it take Overstreet's Guide as a price or do you manually enter it?

Actually started using Excell for my books. First time for everything I guess.

I started it for 2007 and every book I buy goes in it.

1 Title

2 Issue number

3 My grade

4 Ped/variant/ other

5 Slabbed/Raw

6 Advertised grade

7 Bought from

8 Cost

It takes a few seconds to input the info and fairly simple to keep track.

ahhh...we get this thread every 2-3 months...is it time already? crazy.gif

[*] Excel or OpenOffice

[*]CGC Registry

I wouldn't spend more than 29.95 for any of the "special" comic collection programs out there...most of them aren't that great anyway.

CollectorZ for me.

I've just catalogued 2100 books...I'm guessing that I am near the midway point.

I'm learning that I have more copperAge than I thought.

I like the search functions.

I'm taking the time to scan the front cover of each book I catalogue so that I don't just have some generic image of each book but I have the actual book creases and all.

Once completed I'm sending a copy to my Insurance.

I also like the graphs it can create. This one shows me the publication year breakdowns of my collection.

You'll notice the steady rise from the 1940's to the peaks in the mid 70's. There's also a peak in the late 80's and that's due to Gladstone Disney Ducks. wink.gif

1637560-Image5.jpg

1637560-Image5.jpg.dd6ac6713d0c5f24cbb6c2eb8456767c.jpg

I use Excel. I started way back in the Works day and then got Office. I plug in the following data:

1. Title (of course) and below that as individual columns=

2. Number

3. Year

4. Condition

5. Value/Year

Right now, I can go back to 1993.

My complaints are that it's tough for me to compile a total value to the collection by the way I lay it out. What I would like to be able to do is create sub-folders. In that, I could click on, let's say, Action Comics and open the file that contained all of my Action comics. Back where I clicked on said title, I wouldn't mind having just the amount of books in that title and total value of that title. It would save space going through the collection. I've tried the "links" but it doesn't work out the way I envision. Oh, and I use Office 97 so it's getting dated.

That's coming with our service - we've introduced a sophisticated portfolio manager with coins, and we'll be enhancing the My Comics section of our service soon. thumbsup2.gif

mycoins.gif